Do You Think That You're Smart?

by minimus 57 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

After reading some posts on this forum, it is easy to see that some people here are extremely gifted. Some write beautifully. Some arguments are brilliant, too. Most of us are not up to the level of genius, although some might debate that. Do you think that you are especially intelligent? Do you have issues thinking that you shouldn't get involved in too many discussions because you're afraid that you might be outsmarted? In case you want to know what I think, I think I'm fairly intelligent and I know some on this board that are a lot sharper than me.....What about you?

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

Not really. I have my moments.... most of us do. Strengths in different areas.

• TisInYourWishbone
    TisInYourWishbone

WOW MINIMUS you must have dropped everything on your schedule and ran to the computer when you thought of that post.
    RIVITING stuff, you want people to reply and tell you how smart they think they are. For this kind of entertainment
    i am feeling compelled to make a donation.

• Matty
    Matty

No, I try my best, but some of the intellectual heavyweights here scare the hell out of me! Very few of that ilk would describe themselves as such though, someone who believes that they are incredibly smart and brags arrogantly about it I would think just by their very behaviour would disprove what they pronounce about themselves.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Min,

I see you've clocked up another 26 posts since becoming "Emperor." That's in about 24 hours!

At this rate, you'll be "Supreme" in less than 84 days!

Spanner

• JH
    JH

I think that I am in the average. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. One guy who thought he was really smart was this guy. Did you ever watch his television series in the 70's.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Yes, I'm smart. As to being an Einstein, no. Is that the type of genius your referring to? I deal in practicality and common sense.

Guest 77

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

No and Yes...I'm an idiot savant.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, many people tell me I'm smart, smart ass, that is.

Blondie

I think all people are smart, just not smart in everything but some things. The hard part is figuring out what you are smart in.

• TR
    TR

My I.Q. is 138. Am I special?

TR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit