Day 4 Looks to Be Live at Any Moment - Link...and Upcoming Witness List!

by LostGeneration 221 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Mephis
    Mephis

"Have you ever given evidence critical of the Jehovah's Witnesses?"

"I've not been hired for that".

Expert witness?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Did she just torpedo the JW? I think she just said a standard of practice she would recommend is never to allow a former child abuser to be in a ministry position. Maybe she doesn't know that JW's appoint child abusers again as MS or elders.

Yep. That's what that sounded like.

I get the feeling this lady has been blindsided by WT. . . . .

It seems she took their word that certain protections were in place, when quite the opposite is the truth, as has been uncovered by this commission.

• Mephis
    Mephis
    And if she doesn't mention a safe environment to report abuse in her report, what sort of expert is she...
  • Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney
    Her experience with the JWs seems clearly to be based only on the literature they decided to share with her. She might be an expert on the topic of child abuse but she can't really be an expert on the JWs and how they deal with child abuse unless they have shared everything with her (which no doubt they have NOT).
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Mad Sweeney: I wonder whether the "Literature" she was asked to review included the Branch manual that says it is ok to make a pedophile an elder.

I'm thinking: NO, not that literature!

• Mephis
    Mephis

"What material have you had access to when forming your opinion?"

"The Jehovah's Witnesses publish much of their information online, so I referred to that."

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Now we're finding out what "literature" means. So far she is saying it's material that's been published online.

She is definitely hedging to the point of evasiveness.

Nevertheless, if that's true then that implicitly means she does NOT know about any confidential materials: elder's manuals, branch letters and BOE letters.

The RC representative just nailed her with the fact that JW online materials are only dated from the year 2000 to the present.

Applewhite seems to believe that older publications are available online.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration
    LOL! Witness and lawyer agree WT publish too much shit!
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

I couldn't really hear her responses to all of the queries, but it seems that Applewhite may in fact be aware of some of the confidential branch materials.

She admitted that she had NEVER considered any independent materials regarding Jehovah's Witnesses!

She also admitted that she never reviewed any specific cases of sexual abuses among JWs, but has ONLY reviewed what JW's claim they do. She is claiming she has no knowledge of their actual practices or implementation!

Unbelievable!!!

• Mephis
    Mephis

She's had access to letters to body of elders provided to her by JW HQ.

To be fair, she's holding up well for someone who's just been told, very politely of course, she's turned up to court as an expert witness and written absolute tosh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit