Day 4 Looks to Be Live at Any Moment - Link...and Upcoming Witness List!

by LostGeneration 221 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo
    Great commentary everyone, thank you!
  • AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

Angus Stewart [A South African born and trained Lawyer] also Rhodes Scholar [Oxon] - I stand proudly South African at a time when there is not much to be proud of in my part of the world !

His CV is available on the RC Website.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Heartfelt thanks to everyone who provides YouTube links for all to see - and for all the insightful comments!
  • C0ntr013r
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

S&R: Yet the average JW knows far more than him about what goes on and simp,y [sic] ignores it.

I have to disagree. From both my personal experience and reading those of countless members of this board, it is clear that the majority of "average JWs" do NOT know what goes on. They are insulated from being aware of the scope of problems with their religion and are indoctrinated to believe that the problems they do know about are exceptions and isolated instances due to "the imperfections of men."

This is why something like this RC is so huge, it reveals the true scope of the massive, institutional cover-up which the WT leadership has systematically implemented for decades.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Does everyone realize that RC investigation is the only truly "historic" event that involves the WTBTS, and that its happening in our lifetime?

Oh, the irony!!! 😈

DD

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Oubliette

Most JW's know of several child abuse incidents and know how few have reached police/court level. When I say 'things going on' I refer to all the doctrines, rules and JW going's on that clearly shocks him, like male only elders in committees, judicial comittees themselves! The obvious elder ignorance, the obvious hierarchy or power, the obvious lack of training the elders have in such issues. Bro Jones the painter and decorator should not be handling a judicial case of child abuse, doing 'fact finding' .........we all knew this was going on and it is obviously BONKERS.

It's why we left isn't it!? I can't believe people stay or adopt these beliefs and rules. The second I was of age and independence I was out of there.

• username
    username
    Did anyone get wound up when the watchtower rep started speaking? His voice just sounded like a typical watchtower drone!
  • KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Looks like you guys had fun on here last night while I was at the meeting! I like the format of commenting with others while streaming live.

Im reading through this thread as a primer before I watch the YouTube version of day 4. I love it. Can't wait until next week!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

"Does everyone realize that RC investigation is the only truly "historic" event that involves the WTBTS, and that its happening in our lifetime?"

Absolutely! It makes their interpretation of district convention talks as fulfillment of Bible prophecies seem more lame than ever. Trumpet blasts, my ass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit