new service report (upturn)

by whatiloveaboutwater 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Celia
    Celia

fjtoth :

I volunteer in a non-profit org. that helps women. I do the bookkeeping. On the computer I am using there, I got several messages telling me that various dll. files are missing.... It's a virus ! Scan your computer for viruses.

• LB
    LB

I know the numbers of congregations are up but that really is a joke. Here they broke up my old congregation of 130 into two groups. Now there are lucky to be 40 people at a meeting in a huge hall. Unless the CO is visiting, then they'll all show up.

Numbers are not up in relation to world population growth and they are not up compared to Mormans and many other religions.

• Beans
    Beans

Yeah I heard Canada was up by 1% but that is really close to zero EH! But also it must be noted that 1% of them are disfellowshipped each year as well, and more are leaving!

Beans

Canadian District Overbeer

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Celia,

It's not a virus. My computer's been scanned since I had the problem. Thanks, though.

Frank

• fjtoth
  • Skimmer
    Skimmer

I'm still waiting for LikesToMakeWater to post the efficiency metrics of baptisms/hour and baptisms/publisher so these can be compared with earlier years.

Oh, and let's see the baptisms/study ratio. Another all time low I'll bet, at least in those countries that have Internet access.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

yes there has been an increase. an increase in profits and an increase in publisher turnover.

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

If, and I stress if, these figures are accurate, then these folks, though technically active publishers, are apparently not attending meetings regularly.

No matter what the numbers appear to say, the fact that the Society continues to lecture so relentlessly at meeting after meeting, CA/DC after CA/DC and in the literature on the necessity of meeting attendance is, imo, the single most reliable indicator of what it recognizes to be the true state of the organization. Meeting attendance is manifestly down--- and declining. The NY crime bosses realize this. If they knew/believed their service year figures to be accurate, they'd already be crowing non-stop and such would be reflected in the literature and on programs. Instead you have what appear to be strong figures, yet the harangue continues unabated.

Something smells. Figures compiled from sloppy and suspect input can and do lie. Eyes usually don't.

AMNESIAN

• minimus
    minimus

AMNESIAN, It's nice to hear from you again!!!

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman
    Apostates will be loath to admit it, but Jehovah's Witnesses are once again on the increase, and the big jump in Bible Studies and more pioneers out there, the increase looks bound to last a few years at least.

The most important part of the above statement is: "the increase looks bound to last for a few years at least."

So true! Fear is to religion what a tongue is to oral sex, it brings pleasure beyond imagination.

The Watchtower sucks tongue as good as any religion and they will suck the fear thing for all it's worth, as you say for "a few years at least". Then the fear will end and the poor Watchtower will be left to masturbate itself until the next "rise" in fear.

Jesus did not need fear to gather disciples, he did it with love. Fear is the tool of false prophets because they have nothing else.

IW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit