new service report (upturn)

by whatiloveaboutwater 70 Replies latest jw friends

• jack2
    jack2

Looks like God is blessing the work. Except in Japan.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

BALLISTIC!!!

What has happened to you?

You have took on human form!

Spanner

• Undecided
    Undecided

The increase was probably the 15min publishers.

Ken P.

Edited by - Undecided on 15 November 2002 14:49:39

• ballistic
    ballistic

You are the first to notice Spanner. My old picture went after several people said I looked sad in it. I do think that it is easier to build up a mental persona of a person if you have a face as a point of reference, so I have switched back from a non-descript matrix animation.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

That wouldn't be the Life-Giving Water that is a gift from Jesus, the Lamb of God, would it? (Not that there's anything wrong with it)

Those increases seem pretty miniscule after 9/11 and the new 15-minute publisher rule. If they hadn't gone to the 15-minute rule, I'd bet they show little to no increase even with the temporary influx that all churches 'enjoyed' after 9/11.

Hmmm

• blondie
    blondie

BTW the anointed count was 8,730 last year so this is an INCREASE of 30.

I thought the anointed were all sealed by 1935?

• Mary
    Mary

Hey, what about Canada?? Any increase up here? I sincerely doubt it.............I figured that over the last 10 years, with over 70 dubs spending 10 hours in service every month (that's 700 hours), that in one year, our congregation spent 8,400 hours in service. If you multiply this by 10 years, they've spent an average of 84,000 hours in service. Guess how many have "come into the truth"??? One family. Dats it.

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

Given that the publisher hour totals include a lot of fakery and the fifteen minute change invalidates year to year publisher count comparisons, the real truth, if any, is to be found in the baptism counts. I'll wager that the overall baptisms/hour and baptisms/publisher ratios are near all time lows.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

More details needed. Scan?

Baptism figures would be especially meaningful.

Cheers, Ozzie

• whatiloveaboutwater
    whatiloveaboutwater

Wrong, baptisms are up.

Last year: 263 431

This year: 265 469

True, a modest increase of 0.8%, but it does show that the growth cannot simply be attributed to the so-called 15 minute rule. Pioneers, hours, and memorial attendance are all up.

What is the real indicator that Jehovah's Witnesses are again on the increase is the big jump in the number of Bible studies, which are up 7.9% worldwide.

Those who claim that the increase is largely due to 9/11 are left with the problem that the increase includes countires that have very little to do with it, or the "war on terror". France, for instance, which has been decreasing seriously for tears (last year -2%), is up 1% this year.

Canada was up 1% too.

Apostates will be loath to admit it, but Jehovah's Witnesses are once again on the increase, and the big jump in Bible Studies and more pioneers out there, the increase looks bound to last a few years at least.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit