six degrees of separation..claim to fame!

by asortafairytale 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess
    Princess

Mulan is my mom.

My husband Steve went to school with Sean Young, he said she was crazy.

Michael Boatman was staying at the Grand Californian the same time we were last year. Saw him with his family at the pool. (Arlis and Spin City actor)

Steve and I saw an actor at Threadgills in Austin once. Can't remember his name.

Rachel

• Searchin50
    Searchin50

My husband is direct descendant of--------------

Francis Scott Key

So I guess that makes Him ( TRUE BLUE ) blood

• Buster
    Buster

I skated with Bobby Orr at his hockey camp when I was 12

One of my fraternity brothers went out with a girl that turned up in Playboy's 30 Anniversary edition as a runner-up

My Great(12th)-grandfather came over on the Mayflower (Hopkins)

I caught a foul ball hit by Spud Web (Texas Rangers I think) at a Red Sox game

• Mulan
    Mulan

I am also a direct descendant of Roger Conant, the founder of Salem MA. There is a statue of him there. I haven't seen it, in person, but I have a photo of it. He was a nasty fellow, a staunch Puritan and persecutor of anyone who didn't see things as he saw them. His 4th great granddaughter was my great great grandmother, who was a Quaker. Oh, he would be turning over in his grave over that one. The Puritans hated the Quakers.

There are a few other pretty nasty clergymen, who were well known in their time. The "divine" Jonathan Edwards is another of my ancestors. That really is what they called him too. What a monster he was! His daughter married Aaron Burr.

• Swan
    Swan

I own the actual axe that George Washington used to chop down his father's cherry tree. It is an antique now, and probably worth a lot of money. I had to have the handle replaced several times over the years. I had to have the head replaced twice. Otherwise, it's still in very good shape!

Tammy

• jukief
    jukief

I'm related to the famous Alan Feuerbacher.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

The Kevin Bacon Game:

My good friend's best friend was the twin sister of the guy who doubled for Kevin Bacon in Footloose. Sadly, AIDS took him in 1991 (the double, not Kevin Bacon).

Edited by - TresHappy on 13 November 2002 10:53:33

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

Not related to any biggies that I know of but lucky to have met more than my share...

Politicians mostly...Reagan, Bush Sr., Bush Jr. - Senators/Congressmen & the like.....

Met a few movie types who either hide in the hills in New England or have filmed movies here....Tom Selleck (the magnum PI guy), Robin Williams, Walter Mathaeu, Carol Burnett, Alan Alda...

C. Everett Koop...Lives down the Road....

Got backstage with Chicago and the Beach Boys twice in the same year....

All of the Presidential hopefulls campaign here in town every election and I LOVE POLITICS *LOL* and because of the Disability work that I do I get asked for my opinion once in awhile....not that anyone ever follows it...but I get to meet most of them so every 4 years is fun. *LOL*

My wife's aunt-in-law is the sister-in-law of StromThurmond....(Ancient US Senator)

R

• dolphman
    dolphman

my great great great aunts married the orginial siamese twins, the Eng and Chang Bunker brothers...

they are my great great great uncles....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit