What does your jewellery say about you?

by Beck_Melbourne 30 Replies latest jw friends

• kelpie
    kelpie

Before I met my man I only ever wore one ring (my sister gave me) and one bracelet (that my mother gave me)

My man brought me a friendship ring about a month after we started living together and he brought me rose gold braclet as well.

Last week he brought me a rose gold watch too.

I only wear a set of stud earings with deep green stones.

I am not a big jewerlly person

• Vivamus
    Vivamus
    What does your jewellery say about you?

That I inherited some stuff. I hardly ever wear this. It is old fashioned, quite beautiful, but not really my taste for everyday life,

That my mum has spoiled me. This I wear a lot. I always wear my gold watch, with a small gold bracelet next to it. And for my other wrist I wear to golden bracelets, and a golden ring in the shape of a snake on my thump.

That I like to dress up when I want to impress or need attitude. Like weaning my pendant with a huge mother of pearl and matching earrings for the Kingdom hall last time I went.

That I like to show I will NEVER go back to the Kingdom Hall again. I have got myself a handful of various crosses, that I also wear on a daily basis. They vary from little and cute, to big an showy. But they are all extremely dear to me.

That I like different styles. I will wear gold and expensive next to little beady trinkets that I got at the mall.

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

Beck the silver hoops I wear I sleep in also. They are small. I hate changing earings all the time.

• Prisca
    Prisca

I used to wear jewellry when I was going to the meetings, but nowadays I don't have the occasion to wear any.

I love gold. I have a gold-plated necklace, and a couple of nexklaces with pendants on them. My ears aren't pierced, so I used to wear clip-ons. I have a bracelet that was given to me by some workmates long ago, but i hate dangly stuff, so I don't wear it. I also love pearls - I have a pearl necklace that belonged to my mother, but I don't have the occasion to wear that anymore either.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

..."but nowadays I don't have the occasion to wear any"....

Awwww. Still, you DO have some pearls.l like pearls.

Personally I refuse to wear anything, neither watches nor rings nor necklaces. I dont have tattoos either. I wont allow mere SYMBOLS to deface the perfection of my templelike body. Though I have many scars from numerous battles, but they are not on my face. I agree with Muhammad Alis philosophy about keeping my face unmarked and bootiful. Lol.

Edited by - refiners fire on 11 November 2002 3:23:19

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

I am Italian, but I only wear a gold wedding band and a gold necklace with a pentagram on it, with a earth dragon. I guess it says I am married and exploring the universe for all the wisdom I can find. One lets my mind sore and the other keeps me grounded in life.

My thought

Dragon

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I am Italian

I love the Italian culture...my next door neighbour is Italian and a few of my friends. They have a unique existence here and I love being part of it.

In general I have found the Australian women favouring gold...the younger generation seem to wear a lot of silver but with my generation I see more women sporting gold charm bracelets and necklaces. I have never been a necklace person....but now I wouldn't be without it...plus I like to fiddle with the locket on the end, that's when I'm twirling my hair

~Beck~

• asortafairytale
    asortafairytale

I only like silver, and I wear 2 small silver bracelets. I also wear 2 rainbow pride necklaces.

• terabletera
    terabletera

Okay so Italians wear gold. Does anyone know what Danish people wear? Cus all I get on is a pair of earrings now and then. My wedding ring which is not flashy. I'm sort of plain in that area. I love to look at jewelry but when I put it on me, I feel like I'm overdone.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I am not into jewelry much at the present. I wear a plain gold wedding band. I have a watch but seldom wear it. I will wear some jewelry when we go out, and I used to wear earrings all the time. I prefer wires because they don't irritate my ears. Since the grandbabies started coming, earrings are kind of dangerous.

Now, I am just out of the habit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit