What does your jewellery say about you?

by Beck_Melbourne 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

I wear a pair of small gold hoops that my parents gave me when I graduated from high school. I have a gold serpentine chain that hubby gave me which I wear all the time. For special occasions, I wear a set of rose gold dangly earrings and matching necklace and bracelet. I also have a gold filigree heart-shaped pendant with a small diamond in the center.

In the summer, I wear a silver filigree ring on the second toe of my right foot. I started wearing a toe ring almost 20 years ago, before it was fashionable. One time, the PO noticed my toe ring while we were in service (I was bad - wearing open toed sandals); he commented that it was very attractive!! LOL

Love, Scully

• dsgal
    dsgal

What my jewelry says about me is that I'm plain because I only wear my set of wedding rings

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Since I wear no jewelry, it can't say too much about me. I wore a white gold wedding ring in my first marriage and a plain yellow gold band this last time, but took it off at work. Even my watch is just a steel case with leather strap.

The only item of jewelry I wish I still had is my star sapphire ring my second wife sold when I wasn't at home. Other than that, I'm about as plain and ordinary as you can get.

Lew W

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

I'm wearing my new diamond wedding ring with a gold band. I don't wear earrings much these days. I adore my amethyst pendant with my gold twisted chane. I also love garnet. I have a garnet ring with tiny burmese ruby around it. I got it at www.hsn.com It was on sale. It is absolutely gorgeous!

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

The responses are interesting. I went for a short walk around the office and paid particular attention to the jewellery, here's what I found:

3 Skippy (white Australian) women wearing heavy costume jewellery, necklace and bracelet and earrings

1 Maltese Australian woman wearing three gold chains (9 or 18ct) watch, charm bracelet and gold band, 2 gold rings

2 Skippy women wearing fine gold chain necklace, pair of earrings and wedding bands

1 Skippy woman no jewellery except silver faced watch with black leather strap

Males: watches only

These were my findings on a quiet Tuesday morning

~Beck~

ps...Skippy is not a derogative term for Australians btw, said with affection

Edited by - Beck_Melbourne on 11 November 2002 18:28:16

• Beans
    Beans

I am a crack smokin PIMP!

But really I only like silver. I wear a silver necklace from mein Oma that has two hockey sticks on it.

Beans

• larc
    larc

OK, what does the wearing of no jewelry say about you? I wear none, not even a wedding ring, and I have been married 38 years. My wife does not wear a wedding band either. I have purchased my wife some good quality jewelry and she seldome wears it. Now, what do you make of our contrarian view? I don't know what to make of it myself. Perhaps, you do.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne
    Now, what do you make of our contrarian view?

That you are 'no fuss' people. I would like to be you.

Unfortunately, I have let society dictate my vanity. I can't help it. I see a lot of women wearing something I like and it makes me want one. The other night a friend had a yellow gold 9ct charm bracelet on and she saw mine and she said 'oh I see you have a bracelet like mine' and I said 'no mine is rose gold yours is yellow' and then she said 'oh yeah, and my links are smaller then yours - damn!' LOL Its all vanity and now I feel ashamed

~Beck~

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hmm what does my jewellery say about me?

gold Wedding rings = married

gold earrings - still wearing the studs = scared to take them out because the holes keep closing on me

gold necklace with "I Love You" heart pendant - my husband loves me

silver-tone watch = the only one I could find that was comfortable and fit my big wrists and it comes off when I come in the door

• jack2
    jack2

Hey Beck

I wear nothing at all......jewelery wise. Not even my wedding band (which, by the way, has a chain-link pattern in it, well symbolizing the eternal, uhm, prison that marriage constitutes ).

Anyway, I wear no watch, rings, pendants or anything like that, on a normal day. I do occasionally wear my watch to the meetings or special occasions.

I almost lost my wedding band twice, that's why I don't wear it. I wash my hands alot (almost compulsively) and I left the ring in the restroom at work on those occasions; luckily it was still there when I realized it was missing. But overall, jewelery just seems to get in the way, so I don't bother with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit