What does your jewellery say about you?

by Beck_Melbourne 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

The other day we went to a Christening for one of Andy's grand nephew's. Andy's neice is half aussie half Italian and her husband is full Italian...so what a grandiose affair it was...I loved every minute of it. The first thing I noticed was all the gold...every male wore a gold necklace, usually Italian gold and not Aussie gold - apparently. All the women wore bracelets and bangles and huge hoop earrings and necklaces with charms or danglie gold things hanging on the end. I giggled to myself when I saw Andy slip his fake gold chain around his head in an effort to blend in LOL.

That day I learnt that Italians like to wear gold - some kind of showy display of wealth so my wog (said with affection) brother in law tells me. Ironically, the little baby's christening gift from his parents was an 18ct gold necklace...and tradition would have it that no one is allowed to give the child a gift more extravagant than the parent's gift, therefore the parents are expected to get him something pretty darn special. The whole experience was such a fascinating experience for me.

Anyhooo...what kind of jewellery do you wear?? Apart from my watch, I wear rose gold medium sized hoop earrings (5 = 2 holes in left and 3 in right), rose gold chain with a virgo charm and a locket. Rose gold charm bracelet and band. No rings, my fingers go like polonies when I wear a ring. Do you think that's a bit too showy???

How bout you??

~Beck~

ps..don't ask me what polonies are

• LB
    LB

My jewelry would say I'm broke cause I don't wear any.

I've always felt your polonies are among the finest I've ever seen Beck.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Mine says "I shop at Claires...I'm a loser"

LOL!

I only have one ring that I got from my sis for my graduation that is "real". I absolutely love it tho! (It's true that sisters just know what you'll like).

Oh yes and I have a tiny opal pendant that my grandpa gave my grandma as an engagement present...it's very cheap/low quality...and tiny...but it is the most valuable thing I own.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Personally, I don't like gold. I think it tends to look dingy or tacky.

I prefer platinum or silver. Since I am not filthy rich, I wear silver.

I have a silver watch with a white face, a silver bracelet, and a silver chain. If you keep your silver clean, it sure outshines gold if your in the water!

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I would rather have frankfurters instead of polonies LB LOL. But I do have a good 'grip'

Speaking of fine things...I think maybe you're due to post another pic of your "pins" don't ya think??

~Beck~

ps..joanna, opals are a lovely stone...my brother gave me an aussie opal once - he said it was an albino because it was white *sheesh*

pss..Reborn, I wore silver up until now...I accidently put it in cleaning solution and it came out damaged...it went from shiney and glorious to dull...I don't know what happened. What a waste.

Edited by - Beck_Melbourne on 11 November 2002 0:1:57

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Hey Beck interesting question, I love these kinds of questions to get to know others better.

I like to wear silver hoop earrings. I have some diamond studs and pearl earrings I also wear for more formal events( I never do anything formal), but a girl has to have them right?

I don't wear my wedding ring much anymore because I almost lost it a year ago and have since put it in a fireproof box.

I wear some costume jewlery when I go out dancing, very informal, like braclets, dangly earrings, necklaces . I lost a very nice tennis bracelet out dancing one time and will never wear anything of any value again.

I have a heart necklace that I love to wear occasionally, my mom wanted me to have it when I was a little girl, so when she died , it was known that it would go to me. It is a gold heart with about 20 diamonds in it. It too , is put up most of the time, since it is special.

In the summertime , sandle wearing weather, I wear a toe ring and ankle braclet.

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

I wear my weeding ring and 4 sliver hoops. I don't like anything around my neck so I don't wear necklaces.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Dede/Scarlet

I wore silver hoops for years..kinda like JLo..but I am incredibly lazy...and I used to hate changing out of them. So I switched over to these smaller hoops, we call them sleepers...and I wore them for years and hardly ever took them out. I love the toe ring and ankle chain look.

I have quite a lot of custom jewellery...and I used to wear little pearl drop earrings to meetings LOL...but now I only wear the same thing because I don't like changing over...so I wear it 24/7 - that way I feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

~Beck~

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

I like to wear jewelry. When I go to work I like to wear diamonds (cubic zirconian) studs in my ears because I think they look dressy. I wear necklaces and particularly like pearls or chockers. I also wear bracelets. I don't wear all this stuff at one time but I do like to wear jewelry.

Edited by - Dutchie on 11 November 2002 0:32:24

• santacruzchick
    santacruzchick

I like this thread, since I love jewelry. I have 5 piercings in my ears, one in the cartilage where I wear a small silver ring/hoop, and two in each ear lobe. Depending on what I'm wearing I'll wear either silver hoops or some kind of small earrings in my other piercings. I also wear a silver watch, I've had it for years, it goes with everything, hehe. And I just got this really pretty agate bracelet that I've been wearing alot lately. My favorite necklace to wear is a small jade pendant, on a gold chain, the only piece of gold I own, I actually got the chain (and a small gold heart pendant) from the sister I was studying with this past year as a graduation gift .And it was real gold, I think she was trying to draw me back into the congregation more and more, I somehow always managed to dodge her invitations for 'get togethers' with her daughter and other JW teens. I do prefer silver over gold, gold looks tacky.

I've always wanted an eyebrow ring, but my mom barely let me pierce my cartilage. Maybe now that I don't go to the KH at all anymore I'll consider getting one

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit