I AM SAD AND NEED SUPPORT

by Scarlet 33 Replies latest jw friends

• jws
    jws

I'm so sorry to hear about that. I'm glad to hear about your sister and surprised. Most JWs would pull out the 'bodily training is beneficial for little' scripture and cancel her gym membership if it meant they could justify something like keeping you two apart. I don't know the exact situation, but maybe that is cause for some hope.

JWs believe they are right, we know they aren't. They're both stubborn positions (though in this case, we are right). I find the best way in dealing with my JW family (and allowing them to deal with me) is the agreement not to discuss religion. If pinned, say yes, you do have some problems with the JWs, but be unspecific. Maybe even warn them that you'd rather not discuss it because it may shake their faith too and you care for them not to do that. (Since my door-knocking days ended, I don't really try to convince people their religions are wrong - except for JWs).

Good luck I hope it turns out OK. But don't antagonize. And beware. Your sister still has at least 3 years under their roof. Make sure she doesn't change her feelings.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Scarlett,

(((((((hugs)))))) for you and your sister. A few more years, and I believe your sister will be living her own life, and the two of you will be great pals.

A part of me wants to feel sorry for the average JDub, because they are "stuck". Some are happy to be stuck though, and use that "power and control" instead of love. Those are the ones that are the hardliners. They say they are the only ones that have the "truth", and yet, they betray the essences of compassion, even to their own flesh.

Better days are coming, honey. Hang in there, okay!

Edited by - Sentinel on 10 November 2002 11:11:22

• mouthy
    mouthy

Scarlett-So sorry it has come to a head. They feel they are doing Gods will( we know they aren't)

Just dry those tears & know it does get better....Who knows down the road they too may see the Light...Just keep loving your sister. You may have saved one soul through it all.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))))))

• JT
    JT
    I wish there was something I could do to get through to them to make them see I am not a bad person I just don't believe the way they do. Why can't they just accept me? I have been crying for days now. I really wish this was all a bad dream and I could just wake up.

my advice is if you are in a position to contact someone OFF LINE PLEASE DO SO- IF YOU have been on this site for any period of time, i'm sure that there is at least one poster with whom you feel a conect to- if you feel uncomfortable talking with a male then please touch base with some of the ladies here these women have been there done that as it were

posting here on the net is fine but nothing compares to the voice of another person who KNOWS WHAT YOU ARE DEALING WITH -

the rejection by family is a normal part of the journey out of wt and wanting family to UNDERSTAND YOU is also normal, what you need to do is learn the COPING SKILLS that many of us have developed on our own and with the help of others- and with the help of others makes it so much more easier

you are not by yourself, but it is up to you to take FULL ADVANTAGE of the help that is availible,

but i do recommend taking your issue offline with someone- if you like you can reach me at work at

202-336-8792 the federal gov is closed monday so i will be in on tuesday or email me or anyone else you feel comfortable with-----set up a hotmail or yahoo account till you feel comfortable

you have reach out and asked for help NOW LET US REACH OUT AND HELP YOU

james

[email protected]

• nilfun
    nilfun

I think few things hurt as much as being rejected by family...I am glad your sister is sticking by you....

I'm so sorry they have chosen the path of cruelty...hang in there....((((Scarlett))))

• JT
    JT

Thank you to Preston and Jesika too for your words of encourgement this week.

###########

my bad - i see you have already made a connect - the posters above will help you and they are good people - take full advantage of their listening ear and advice

james

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

((((Scarlet))))

So sorry for this, but at least your sister is seeing them as they are and their misguided doctrine of emotional blackmail.

Although it hurts, rest assured, you have family right here and we are all here for you. Keep your chin up and your head held high, it is their loss more than yours.

Lew W

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

(((Scarlet)))

I'm sorry hon. There are no words I can offer that will make this go away, or make it better. I wish there were, cause no one deserves treatment like this. You're sister is not too happy with this either, from what I read, and so I hope that she will keep coming to you, and you go to the gym together? Take heart Scarlet, your sister does not sound like the person that will shun you.

Sending good thoughts and hugs across the ocean.

• riz
    riz

hey (((((Scarlet))))),

i'm so sorry that your parents are treating you this way. it's beyond my comprehension how anyone could treat their own family members in such an inhuman fashion. just know that you aren't doing anything wrong and they are the ones who need to reexamine whatever force is compelling them to shun you.

and like others have said, at least your sister knows what time it is. hopefully soon she will ditch that sorry excuse for a religion.

riz

• sOOner
    sOOner

Hello,

yes,there are many here who are experiencing this unloving and so called christian unconditional love.It is there way of trying to get you to see there way,the only way according to the GB.

It has been almost 3 months since my last shunning,the one before that back in the 80's lasted 12 years.Seems when my dad was living who was not a practicing JW died,my mama decided that it best to cut the ties once again.She said she knew associating with her girls was wrong and she had been a bad girl and had to straighten up if she wanted to secure her place in paradise.

I continously shake my head and can visualize her dying and still waiting.

She is 79.It is so sad and unloving,this control she is under of her of own choosing.

I miss her...

sOOner

Edited by - sOOner on 10 November 2002 14:55:0

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit