I AM SAD AND NEED SUPPORT

by Scarlet 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

My family has decided to shun me. Last week my brother and my husband got in a heated debate and finally my brother asked him why he doesn't believe in the JW's and he said because there religion is based on a lie. Well my parents found out and now have decided the best thing to do is shun me. The thing that hurts more than my brother, mother, and father not speaking to me is they are trying to make my 15 year old sister not associate with me. She can still go to the gym with me but that is it. I mean for god's sake they passed a restaurant today and she said to them oh I went there with Scarlet and Random Task after the gym one night it was really good. They went off on her and told her she cannot go to dinner with us after the gym that needs to be cut out.

She told me tonight that she is not going to be a JW ever if this is what it is like. She does not believe in shunning people and if they can do this to me for having a difference of opinion then they would do it to her. She said that they have no love in them. I agree with her. I cannot believe someone could do this to their daughter. I am only thankful that this made my sister see the light and she realizes this is wrong. This is not a natural human reaction. I am still just in disbelief. My sister told me when I called to firm up the time I was suppose to pick up my sister tonight and the phone rang and my sister said its probably Scarlet and mom said here and she was like so you really aren't going to speak to your own daughter and she just said nothing. My sister and I are both just so hurt by these actions.

I wish there was something I could do to get through to them to make them see I am not a bad person I just don't believe the way they do. Why can't they just accept me? I have been crying for days now. I really wish this was all a bad dream and I could just wake up.

Thank you all for listening. Thank you to Preston and Jesika too for your words of encourgement this week.

Edited by - Scarlet on 10 November 2002 4:3:0

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

(((((Scarlet))))) so sorry for the pain your experiencing. Looks like your sister's almost assured freedom when older, is the one bright spot in this. I'm glad her eyes are wide open right now.

• Preston
    Preston

Scarlet, Sweetie, Sugar...

We'll be here for you. I truly don't know what it's like to be in your

shoes, but believe me, you're in good company since there are plenty of

people here who have been stabbed to the heart by their own family's

reluctance to acknowledge their own flesh and blood. If God judges

these "older men" claiming to represent God, I hope he has the

decency to slap the son of a bitches silly, hang 'em from a net of

webing spidy-style and staple a sign to their foreheads that reads

"Crime Doesn't Fawking Pay!" Sorry...got a little creative tonight.

In the meantime, I raise my glass to both you and RT for expressing

your strength and fortitude in difficult times...

Many hugs...

• cellomould
    cellomould

Scarlet,

This sounds quite painful indeed. I hope your parents will soon come out of their stupor and realize the folly of their actions. It's good to know your sister is not going to simply fold to the pressure.

Well, the cat is out of the bag.

Perhaps you will feel better in that you are not tiptoeing around your family anymore.

Good luck to you,

cellmould

• Mackin
    Mackin

I feel for you Scarlet I really do. If ony the JW's realised how much they hurt people by following the rules of their evil cult.

{{{{{{{{{hugs Scarlet}}}}}}}}}

Mackin.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

You and your husband have a life to live, live it! Since I don't know the entire story, don't let it get the best of you. As it has been said so often, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Guest 77

• ugg
    ugg

scarlet,,,,,i just wanted you to know that you are not alone...i feel so hurt for you....what is taking place is so awful.....and beyond cruel....sending you lots of hugs,,,,and a reminder that you are being thought about.....

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

I am transmitting a warm cup of English tea and a large choc-chip muffin .... I hope this helps

• shera
    shera

Sorry to hear that this is happening to you,***hugs***

This shunning people crap,is seriously ticking me off.If they didn't shun people,I don't think there would be many JW's

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Scarlet,

Since your chosen moniker (name?) is so famous you might like to adopt the attitude of Scarlet of Tara's boyfriend.

"Frankly my dear I don't give a damn"

When you do so, it really pisses them off, often resulting in dramatic swooshes of hoop skirts, requiring them to stomp and shuffle thier feet, as they turn thier backs red in the face.........for being such assholes.

Think maybe? Well YOU will feel better anyway.

Danny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit