going to meetings

by hamptonite21 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Still attending, but not as regular as I had been since the middle of October. (Still waiting from the elders about their acknowledgment of my desire to step down as a Ministerial Servant). Like "blondie", I have a certain profile to shade away. Haven't been to the Book Study for the last 3 weeks. Haven't been out in service for just as long. Missed the Theocratic School/Service Meeting last night. (Sick, ur..um..ya' know! )

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother No Longer Exerting Vigorously)

• Buster
    Buster

Not in this lifetime

• dsgal
    dsgal

Haven't been to a meeting since January 31 of this year.Sure don't plan on going back either.

• stichione
    stichione

I still attend Sunday meetings most of the time.

• minimus
    minimus

Lately, I've been missing meetings every week. I'll go to a Bookstudy but then miss the School and Service Meeting . Then I'll go to Sunday's meetings and the following week not go. I like to mix it up right now.

• LB
    LB

Couldn't get me there at gunpoint nor with the promise of sex. Not even good sex. Well maybe good sex, if the hall was empty and I didn't have to read the watchtower study. Well if I didn't have to read the watchtower.

• shera
    shera

Its been a little over 10 yrs for me and I'll never look back.

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

For those that go to meetings, why do you?

• fulano
    fulano

Uhhhh, got no time for the meetings, my friends wait at the local club

• undercover
    undercover
    For those that go to meetings, why do you?

Cause some have family still in. I've been to one meeting in 3 months and that was because family was in town and they wanted to go to the meeting. I grew up in "the truth", so most of my family is in. Though I have become inactive, I will stick around enough to keep my family ties. The down side to that though, is that some family members hound the hell out of you to get back into service and regular meeting attendance. They think they are doing the right thing, but it can be irritating.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit