going to meetings

by hamptonite21 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

I was curious how many on the board still attend meetings?

• Matty
    Matty

I still attend meetings, but I have been missing quite a few this last month. I haven't been out on the ministry since 29th September and aim to keep it that way.

Edited by - matty on 8 November 2002 20:1:48

• Sangdigger
    Sangdigger

Thats a good question. I've read several post recently suggesting the the one posting was attending meetings. One post was an elder who even posted the latest garb. from the WTS. I was glad to get the inside edge, but i dont see how someone can play that game for too long.

• blondie
    blondie

I still attend some meetings. It is hard to leave if you are a high profile person. It takes time to slowly leave and be come less involved. Attending less, commenting less, opting out of the school, less time in the field service, becoming the invisible publisher, even turning in nonexistent hours. It can be done.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Haven't been to the KH in over 5 years (July 1997). The last bookstudy we attended was January 1998.

We are shunned everywhere we go, if we run into dubs. (there are a few who don't shun us, I should say). Why would we walk into a KH and let 50 or more shun us. No thank you. And we aren't df'd or da'd.

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

Started going back for awhile after I got df'd believed it was the truth until I stumbled on to this board, observed for a while before posting, Dateline was the straw that broke the camels back havent attended since the memorial.

• Prisca
    Prisca

The Memorial was the last meeting I attended in my own congregation. It was so dry and lacking in spiritual value. They completely miss the point of Christ's sacrifice.

When I went to visit family, I did attend a couple of meetings, but I don't even do that anymore.

• jack2
    jack2

I do, but it's been sporadic lately.....maybe two in the past month.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

I still attend a meeting here and there. I may be all done though.

• scumrat
    scumrat

My last meeting was in 1995

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit