Going to a bad place when i die

by 060702015 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heaven
    Heaven
    Hey 060, can you please explain to me how you can go anywhere once your brain and nervous system are no longer functioning. Thank you.
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped

060, I've felt like you at times. One reason for that is that JWs put a very black and white, good or bad thought pattern in my head. I was approved by God or disapproved. It all hung on who I was today. Slip up once and it's over.

However, look around you on this forum. Can you not see that I care about you enough to reach out, and that others here do too? If you believe that God is a loving heavenly father, would he abondon you when even a bunch of internet jackasses like us can be so compassionate to someone that's obviously hurting? Can you see that your pain is evidence that you do care and that your heart might be in the right place?

Take a walk. Watch the clouds in the sky and take in how much bigger this world is than your problems. Watch animals or kids play. See the beauty around you and all that's good. Even if but for a moment you can use that to pull you out of your own head. Life isn't over. It is a filmstrip, not a snapshot of any one moment. No matter what you've done someone else has been there and done that too. If we can understand that, surely God who we are supposed to be a reflection of can do the same.

Peace.

• wwjdnwt
    wwjdnwt

Hi,

I think most former JW's know how you are feeling. I went through a terrible time when I was questioning everything that I thought was the truth. (35 years + a JW) I remember praying so hard day and night. I would cry out and thought I was going to go crazy! I would beg Jehovah for forgiveness for even praying a prayer asking to let me know if I was in the truth. I felt I was betraying Him by questioning the organization. Words can't describe the anguish I had inside. But, I kept praying. I begged! Let me tell you, when you are searching and asking with all of your heart God will direct you out of that religion. He is with you. He isn't leaving you. He is helping you now. What you are feeling now will go away in time. Just don't stop praying. I remember the first time I went to a Church. I thought I was going to die. My heart was beating so fast, I thought I was committing an a sin against Jehovah and that Satan was there! OMG. I look back and realize how foolish I was. But in my mind I had been taught those exact things every single day. No wonder I felt that way.Get help if you need to. Nothing is wrong with that. Just don't give up. Talk to ones on here if you have no one else.

God Bless

• rebel8
    rebel8

The great thing about religious belief systems is they are 100% flexible. If your belief system is causing you pain, simply revise it.

(Even better: Free yourself from all of it.)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Take it easy 06. Tell your therapist everything.

Sounds like you are your own worst enemy here.

If there is a god (and I doubt it), and that god is love...then stop whittling.

Image result for worrying

• Heaven
    Heaven

rebel8, you are wonderful.

• fahrvegnugen
    fahrvegnugen
    There is no such thing as god. Everything you are experiencing is happening inside your brain. That is the REAL truth that will set you free.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit