Going to a bad place when i die

by 060702015 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

It helps me from time to time to sit back and laugh at the hilarity and stupidity of what I thought to be true.

Imagine trying to explain this truth to an alien who visited earth:

There once was a woman who was tricked by a talking snake and ate an apple. God got ticked off and made them die slow painful deaths. He made all their offspring die slow, painful deaths, too. Suddenly animals started fearing humans and also started eating each other. suddenly, poof! There was bacteria, viruses and cancer.

God completely alienated himself from humans and allowed them time to prove they can rule by themselves. Mankind built a huge modern civilization and then God knocked it down. Humans spoke one language which helped them to get organized, so God confuses them and scatters them with many languages. Super intelligent demons came down and started to dominate man, so God made humans pay by unleashing a flood to kill almost all of them and their children and their babies.(oh, but the bad angels escape - like that's fair or anything). Miraculously, kangaroos and koalas made it all the way from turkey to Australia without dying of hunger (must have been secret stashes of Eucalyptus along the way). Despite a global flood (as Jesus himself stated) glaciers were uninterrupted, 5,000 year-old Bristlecone pines were unaffected, and the then thriving Egyptian empire seemed to take no notice. Shame on them. But don't worry, the Egyptians would pay for their obliviousness later when all of their first born children were massacred by the loving Hebrew God.

At this point, the flood washes away, and only the righteous survived right? God had proved his point: we need him. But no wait. God lets mankind get all clusterflucked again. Again civilizations are built from the blood of Noah. The black man, the white man, the Asian man and everything in between suddenly results. Because they all speak different languages they continuously war with one another. But behold! The Jews are special, so God sanctions them to go into the "promised lands and clean out/kill off all the heathens (along with their children and babies). Since the Jews were special, this genocide was OK.

God decides that to fix everything, we need a child sacrifice. we need his child to die a horrific, bloody agonizing death to undo the sins of the apple and to defeat the sinister talking snake. So in the desert, a child is miraculously born. He does miraculous things. He can walk on water and not get wet! He can control storms and cast out demons.

Unfortunately, because scripture is so ambiguous and vague all kinds of worshippers result. Some believe the son to be the father, some believe the son to be the son. Others believe the son is just a prophet. All fight for control over their fellow mans minds. They all hate each other and none of them can agree on anything. Things get so confusing that modern man has no idea what to believe. But eureka! The Jehovahs witness religion is born to us. Despite their ever changing doctrines and boat load of false predictions, quack science and revisionist white washing, we are supposed to believe that they have the truth! Six white men and one black guy are supposed to represent all mankind before God! Hallelujah.

Now, in our present day, we are supposed to believe in all of these things without any doubt. we are supposed to believe that a god who has played hide and seek, who has been invisible and has alienated himself from us in order to prove that we need him - that loving god - is going to send his loving son to come and lovingly destroy mankind because they don't know their right hand from their left.

Yup! It makes perfect sense! I'm sure the alien would nod its head in amazement of it all. I know I do...

• rebel8
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I feel it in my sprirt in my deep soul, that GOD doesnt love me and will never love me again

060702015, you need, in cooperation with your therapist, to root that feeling out.

Also, if you haven' already, see a psychiatrist and get on some good anti-depressants. From personal experience they have worked for me and I was at a point in my life where I was going to commit suicide.

• GodZoo
    GodZoo
    I feel it in my spirit in my deep soul, that GOD doesn't love me and will never love me again.

What exactly did you think you did that was so wrong?

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

There is absolutely no point in spending money on a therapist if you don't open up to him. So go ahead and get it over with, ok? I'm glad you are seeing one. Now take the next step. They are trying to figure out what is wrong with you. This guilt that you have is ruining your life.

I've told you before, if you love God, he loves you. Don't sweat anything else. But you need to talk about this. Don't be embarrassed. You think your therapist hasnt heard it all?? They HAVE heard it all, and they are there to help you.

• Lee Elder
  • Stirred
    Stirred

Dear 060...

Breathe deep. Parent yourself....prepare good meals, keep clean, get exercise, seek happy association - charity work or Meetup groups...

Remember, God never forgets the good that you have done. You are allowed to take time to heal. Write out your feelings. Read self help books and positive, motivating stories.

I have been in some dark places since fading but am feeling so much better a year later. Yiur efforts to help yourself will be rewarded I am certain.

Remember, no one really knows what happens when we die. If we take Proverbs, it will be like a deep sleep....if you take JW route, all will be resurrected, even unrighteous.

Be the best you and try to keep it positive. Try to think of 3 things you are thankful for everyday when you wake up. Write them down.

Work on your vision for your future. Where do you want to be 3 years from now...5? How do you want your life to improve? Start walking toward the vision now. That is what I am doing while coming here to help me with moments of anger, angst and curiosity.

Thank you so much Lee Elder for link. I've totally been going through this overlast 12 months. So thankful for progress made.

Peace to you.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    060702015 - You have a P.M.
  • jhine
    jhine

I would just ditto what Faye said . Be absolutely honest and open with your therapist , and God loves you .

Jan

• Sabin
    Sabin
    060 how you doing? you know the WTBTS says that the elders stand in their positions by Jehovahs holy spirit and since Jesus is the head of the cong he is also involved, that is the reason they say we must be obedient to them no matter what. So they are saying that Jehovah God uses his HOLY spirit and his ONLY begotten son and deliberately puts pedophiles in positions where they can have easy access to innocent children to destroy their childhoods, letting them burn with pain inside for the rest of their lives. Then they actively protect these monsters all with his approval. They have absolutely dragged Gods name through the mud and show no remorse for doing so. NOW THATS BLASPEMY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit