Going to a bad place when i die

by 060702015 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GodZoo
    GodZoo

Hey I would not beat yourself over it so much. You're only human and according to the Bible that does not really count for much.

I studied for years every single day.. special pioneered doing sometimes up to 270 hours a month, attended and participated in every single meeting without fail and read and studied every single piece of literature the society ever printed almost all the while remaining in good standing etc etc..

Yet I did it all without ever managing to acquire any kind of real relationship with either God or Jesus.

I can never recall really ever had a prayer answered, never was aware of ever having received help from any kind of spirit being for my acute depression, isolation and paralysing feeling of being utterly disconnected and agonisingly and desolately lonely while the entire time slogging myself to utter exhaustion trying to please God yet feeling nothing but complete worthlessness and inadequacy almost all my years in the organisation.

It was not until some years after leaving that I realised how actually could I ever commit an unforgivable sin against a being I have never actually even known?

Seriously offending God or Jesus can actually only really occur if you have met, known communed with or experienced both or either.

Only people like Adam, Abraham, Moses, the Apostles, Peter, Paul etc, etc can commit a mortal or unforgivable sin.. because they apparently have heard, seen, met, experienced, were spoken to, touched or were directly touched by God or Jesus..

I'm guessing that you too have not been.

Stop hating yourself in your own mind for crimes you are simply unable to commit.

• TD
    TD

Going to a bad place when you die?

Jehovah's Witnesses don't teach that and the religious that do would all view breaking away from the JW's as a good thing...

Where's the problem, my friend?

I have begun seeing a therapist I'm too embarrassed to bring this up.

Being destroyed is bad. I imagine it is.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Get this straight the god of the Bible is mostly a god named El. They dug him up in 1929 in a city called Ugarit. The gods of the stories of Noah, Adam, tower of Babel are the gods Enki and Enlil. So go live your life day by day and appreciate each day like its your last. You may think the jws are happy but most go through life never appreciating one minute of it because their to busy think about a new system, then they die never to be seen again. So live life, this is all we get..one last thing, you probably have more love in your left pinky finger them this so called god of the Bible ,because you would not treat people the way he has treated them. So who needs a god like this anyway.
  • JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Dear, dear, 06...,

Relax. Go for a nice quite walk in nature with a question: " Is a primitive tribal "God" believed in by ancient desert nomads, responsible for all this unimaginable wonder and beauty? Or is there something infinitely huge and intimately close that our tiny minds can not comprehend that is the genuine Source?" Feel the answer. Don't think it.

Be still, and see your anxious thoughts only as clouds in the wind. because that's all they are.

• cofty
    cofty
    I have begun seeing a therapist I'm too embarrassed to bring this up

Please open up with your therapist. This is exactly what you are paying them for. It is the root of your angst.

There is no divine retribution to be feared. It is a lie that superstitious people tell others in order to control them. It hijacks some very healthy instincts and uses them against us. It is very effective.

I feel it in my sprirt in my deep soul, that GOD doesnt love me and will never love me again
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein
    060702015 God never had anything to do with the Watchtower Publishing House, he wouldn't
    support or direct commercialized false prophets, so don't involve yourself with this corrupt religious organization.

As to worry about whats going to happen to you when you die , mostly likely it will be just like every other human being that ever lived. You just simply die, there is no after life, there is no hell or whenever, thats just mythological stories told to create relevance and power to ancient gods.
    Now relax and do some good in the world so people will say you were a loving honest compassionate human being, that kind of love will go on into eternity.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Just come here and share your feelings, and see a therapist.

DD

• clarity
    clarity

Going to a bad place when i die

Honey ...this IS the bad place! ... Well as bad as it gets anyway, So nothing to worry about .....it was all made up to have this very effect on you so you would not leave. WT likes to count you in as a member and they just love when you put money in the box. 2 dollars is not a lot but if you multiply that by 8 million jw's .....in one easy night at the kh, they rake in 16 million dollars! Cheer up you are almost out the door to FREEDOM!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit