Do You Believe In God Or Not?

by minimus 104 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

If you've been associated with the Witnesses, believing in God was a necessity. Do you still feel that God exists? If you believe in God, do you feel that He cares about you?

• COMF
    COMF

Define "God".

• minimus
    minimus

How about define believe or not? God is defineable per Webster's.

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

I do not believe in Jesus, Jehovah or anything related to Christian. Yet I am still not a Athiest. I will let you figure that out.

My thought

Dragon

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I'm a blatant, Pagan. God? Yes. Goddess? Yes. Both of which are far different ideas than what can be found in the Bable.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: If you've been associated with the Witnesses, believing in God was a necessity.

Baloney. Believing in God was optional and should only be done in moderation. Believing in the WATCHTOWER was the only necessity. Virtually everything else was optional, including God.

If you believed in God without the Watchtower, you were demonized. If you believed in the Watchtower without God, you were in "good standing."

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 4 November 2002 0:33:19

• minimus
    minimus

Wrong again, Farkel.

• COMF
    COMF
    God is defineable per Webster's.

Yes, but Webster didn't start the thread, did he.

You could be talking about strictly the Biblical God. You could be talking about belief in a higher power. You could be talking about having a spiritual bent. You could be talking about being unsure about God but convinced that evolution is not how we got here.

• Francois
    Francois

Yes, but not that murderous, judge-accountant of Horeb.

I much prefer the one presented by The Master.

francois

• minimus
    minimus

I could be talking about idols, people or comf. Perhaps ex-president Clinton could help here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit