Do You Believe In God Or Not?

by minimus 104 Replies latest jw friends

• COMF
    COMF
    Study on it a while. It'll come to you eventually...
    Study on "it". Now what exactly is "it"?

Then again, in your case, maybe not.

• minimus
    minimus

Most on the board do not believe in "God", I guess.

• shera
    shera

Look at what man has done to God.

I'm not trying to convince you or tell anyone what to believe.Religion and human has given God a bad rap...

I know none of yahs want me to feel sad for you...but it makes me feel sad that you lost God because of what you went threw with the JW's and perhaps other things as well.

I believe

Take care

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I am in the agnostic camp. I have ZERO interest in religion, prayer, or the bible.

• blondie
    blondie

I haven't prayed for a long time but I still hope that there is someone more intelligent and competent in charge than humans.

But the God of the WTS is not the God of the Bible.

Let the NWT condemn them.

Ezekiel 8:12 ***

And he proceeded to say to me: "Have you seen, O son of man, what the elderly ones of the house of Israel are doing in the darkness, each one in the inner rooms of his showpiece? For they are saying, Jehovah is not seeing us. Jehovah has left the land."

Ezekiel 9:9-10 ***

9 So he said to me: "The error of the house of Israel and Judah is very, very great, and the land is filled with bloodshed and the city is full of crookedness; for they have said, Jehovah has left the land, and Jehovah is not seeing. 10 And as for me also, my eye will not feel sorry, neither shall I show compassion. Their way I shall certainly bring upon their own head."

Isaiah 29:15 ***

15 Woe to those who are going very deep in concealing counsel from Jehovah himself, and whose deeds have occurred in a dark place, while they say: "Who is seeing us, and who is knowing of us?"

Psalm 94:5-7 ***

5 Your people, O Jehovah, they keep crushing,
    And your inheritance they keep afflicting.

6 The widow and the alien resident they kill,
    And the fatherless boys they murder.

7 And they keep saying: "Jah does not see;
    And the God of Jacob does not understand [it]."

• Mary
    Mary

Yes, I still believe in God.............not sure how much He cares about me though...........

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

All I know is that Jesus (if he exist, which is doubtful), loves me.

Jesus (IHE) loves you.

• jack2
    jack2

At this point in life, I'm really uncertain. I am trying to evaluate some information with regard to creation/evolution. Or perhaps God used evolution to some extent. I'm still trying to determine what I will accept with regard to that.

I don't pray, so maybe I really don't believe, I don't know.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I do believe in God.

I do will not ever belong to another organized religion though.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes I do believe in God. Since I invited Jesus into my life Oct 20th 1989-I can honestly say-I have a peace I have Never had in my life- Even while I watched my daughter dying- I knew I am powerless

& had to leave it in HIS hands.Oh yes I told HIm I didnt know what he thought he was doing-But I was still speaking to Him

I really dont know how to manage life with out him- I have everything I need-Nothing I want-Like no suffering-no hatred in this old world- but I DO believe -this is "school"

when we Graduate- we will have all the promises!!!No pain -no suffering etc: I am in conversation with him nearly all day......( yes you will say "she is nuts" ) You may be right-But ask all my friends I am a happy nut........& at 75 years old I have loads of visitors---who like to be with this nut!!!!!

Not a day goes by without -a believer, an aethiest, agnostic --coming for a chat & a laugh......

Peace be with you!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit