Questions for Creationists

by IronGland 184 Replies latest jw friends

• pomegranate
    pomegranate
    There are several ring species in existance.

...the gulls are still gulls, the wablers are still warblers, the salamanders are still salamanders.

The species stays the same...kind variety within the species.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Thing is Gedanken, I never said he did.
    I said he was a hypocrite in regards to not using the fossil record to refute creation. Remember?
  • Gedanken
    Gedanken

pomegranate,

I just find it interesting that the only things that you can say about Ridley's article are things that either appear on Creationist web sites (after all your quote was identical to theirs) or stuff that I have posted from his article. He discusses Salamanders in his book. Interesting. But if you say you read the article before you posted the quote then I suppose I will believe you - however, in that case you definitely misrepresented his point of view. You only switched to the charge of hypocrisy after I posted bits from his article, including the quote with the critical next sentence included.

Now, can you define what a species is? Did Noah have to take two of every kind of salamander into the ark since, obviously, the different ring species members cannot interbreed.

So let's have a good precise definition of what a species is. ACtually, as you know, Ridley's article also addressed this issue head on. What comments do you have on that?

Gedanken

• LucidSky
    LucidSky
    ...the gulls are still gulls, the wablers are still warblers, the salamanders are still salamanders.
    The species stays the same...kind variety within the species.

I wasn't suggesting a huge leap of change between these species. But there is change. And one other critical difference -- they can no longer interbreed. Two species from one is evolution at the species level.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Ring species hypothesis is a theory NOT for halting speciation, but for advancing it through interspecies breeding.

A species halted is not evolution at all. It's stagnation.

• Gedanken
    Gedanken

pomegranate,

Define your terms - what is a species? You obviously don't understand what the ring species idea is and your latest comments are unclear to say the least. Who said anything about "halted species?"

Gedanken

• rem
    rem
    If you were a JW, that kind of "studying" is surely disqualified. If you call quoting the "bible scholars" from "biblestudytools" as studying the Bible, that studying of the Bible is also disqualified. Both ways of "studying" are studying other men who studied the Bible.
    Both ways you have "studied" (if you have at all) has not been as a little child, but rather it has been seeking out the boastful opinions of the "wisdom of the world" and the "wise and learned" ie, WTBTS and the "biblestudytools" lot.

Ah, Pomegranate is just tender because he got schooled on bible interpretation by an atheist.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=39437&page=6&site=3

Regarding the "wise and learned" and Jesus and Paul's words, it is clear that all of them do NOT have what Jesus said was STRICTLY for "little children." All of them can surely be identified as the "wise and learned" and not the beat up sheep and humble "little children" that Jesus Christ was contrasting as to who would receive him.

So basically what you're saying is that you have to be a nincompoop to interpret the bible the way you do.

rem

• songmistress
    songmistress

All I know is, I was not there at the beginning, so anything I could come up with is pure speculation. Nothing more, nothing less.

Blessings

Cheryl

• julien
    julien

All I know is, I was not there at the beginning, so anything I could come up with is pure speculation. Nothing more, nothing less.

So when police detectives get to a crime scene all they can come up with from examining all the evidence is pure speculation?

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

""What, exactly are you trying to say, ThiChi? That you believe modern man existed in california millions of years ago? Or that Gold miners are reliable archeologists? Or that scientific understanding doesn't progress over time?

Do you know how ignorant you sound?

rem""

REM:

Your name calling wont detract from this issues. The fact that Human remains are found where your Evolution God's state that Humans should not be found, demonstrates once again how little you or your gods really know.......I am sorry you cannot understand the powerful points that I have passed on to you...........you are truly in the Box dude, you should change your name from REM to JACK...hhahaaa

So as you pontificate to us about how you have the "answer" to how we arrived, I just have to smile...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit