Questions for Creationists

by IronGland 184 Replies latest jw friends

• rem
    rem

ros,

No, you have it backwards. The fundy-creationists are trying to make an argument against atheism, but they keep referencing Evolution instead. Why they keep confusing Evolution with Atheism, I don't know.

Skeptics, of course, know that there is a big difference between theists who accept Evolution and fundy-Creationists.

rem

• ros
    ros

Rem:

If the skeptics would always be as explicit as you in making clear their argument is with FUNDY-creationists, and not simply those who believe in creation by a creator, rather than evolution from nothing, I would not disagree. The implication constantly arises from skeptic presentations that one cannot--for example--be a notable scientist and a Christian. (Course, I also stand on the point that one can be spiritual, even a Christian, without being infected with religion.)

~Ros

• Gedanken
    Gedanken

Jim,

Actually I don't lump you in with the JW apologists at all - and I think I understand where you're coming from. If you aren't interested in evolution then fair enough. I'm not especially interested in electronics - and, really, that's all evolution is, another scientific discipline. Evolution has nothing to do with atheism - some evolutionists believe in God and some don't.

But it is really inarguable that the Bible account of creation - and any theory of special creation - is inconsistent with the evidence and also lacks predictive power. If we go back to the origin of life itself then pehaps God started it off. I don't personally believe that but it's a legitimate point of view and my opinion is just that - opinion. On topics like how did kangaroos get to Australia, or how could God create plants before creating light, the New Earth Creationists are really out on a giant limb and must resort to inventing explanations, avoiding the issues, or misquoting evolutionists. Witness pomeganate's inability to explain the existence of ring species like the California salamander.

Points have been made about what evolution is good for; personally I think that evolution is a powerful force for freeing people from enslavement to religion, just as physics and celestial mechanics was in the middle ages. Anything that makes people think and debate their long held beliefs can't be bad. People should no more have a blind belief in evolution than in creation but it's rare to find the former species.

Gedanken

• Realist
    Realist

in principle everyone can believe how he pleases. the only problem is that believe in creation hampers scientific progress and understanding. many children grow up with this superstious nonsense and therefore are prevented from getting interested in biology and many other scientific fields. therefore especially the US (in contrast to europe) looses many good people.

• hannibal
    hannibal

- How is something created out of an explosion?

The big bang?

- Why do living creators heal themselves?

What gives the body power to fight deases,and not take the coarse of least resistence?

- How many times does an animal have to jump off a cliff before it or its offspring grow wings?

- Why is there no other creatures sitting at there computer on a saturday morning debating the origins of life with strangers? J/K

- If we have the same ancentory as chimps , why do thay still exist. Are there parents just lazy?

- Why is there not any 'smoking gun' evidence?

- Why cant answers be simple sometimes?

ooo, and also I already know I can believe in fairys if I want. I always love that one!

• Realist
    Realist

>>>If we have the same ancentory as chimps , why do thay still exist. Are there parents just lazy?

the common ancestor diverged into humans and chimps. it doesn't exist anymore.

>>>How many times does an animal have to jump off a cliff before it or its offspring grow wings?

wings didn'T develop for flying at first.

>>>Why is there not any 'smoking gun' evidence?

what do you mean?

>>>Why do living creators heal themselves?

???

>>>How is something created out of an explosion?

the created matter has the tendency to form complex molecules etc.

• hannibal
    hannibal

Realist,

>>> The common ancestor deverged into humans and chimps.It doesnt exist anymore.

-Thats convenent

>>> Wings didnt develope for flying at first.

-why did they develope wings at all,then?

>>> What do you mean?

- What do you mean, what do I mean?

>>> ???

- What gives the body the power to go against the path of least resistance?

>>>The created matter has the tendency to form complex molecules, etc.

-Again, how does an explosion CREATE anything? You bypassed the question.

• gumby
    gumby

Why does a loving creator allow pain and suffering?????????????????????????????????????????/

• rem
    rem

Hannibal,

Your questions are very basic and you would be best served by picking up a book on evolution and see what the explanations to these questions are. That way you can get more background information to fill in the other gaps you have in your understanding of evolution. There simply aren't enough hours in the day to be everyone's science teacher. I took the time out to do the research myself and if you are truly interested (and not just trying to antagonize) then you need to do the same. That way we can have an intelligent conversation instead of a plaguy exercise in clearing up a myriad misconceptions.

rem

ps: The big bang has nothing to do with Evolution. It is a completely separate scientific theory.

• ThatSucks
    ThatSucks

Creationists Creationists Creationists...

Why would you rely on a Bible or a science textbook? Both are someone's opinion. The science book is what someone says is so, and the Bible is what someone said God said was so.

So hows about this... I'll write a quick poem that sums up what all of humanity should do to live peacibly. (SP). Now remember... These aren't my words, these are the words of the great dupulocur in the ship above. He is our true creator [I say] and we should do what [I say] he said we should do. Why should you do this? Because [I say that] he said so!!! If you don't, [I say] he will kill you, because [I say] he created you.

GET... A... LIFE... BEFORE... YOU... WASTE... THE... ONLY... ONE... YOU'VE... GOT.

Why can't you folks just accept the fact that your mommy and daddy did the nasty and *boom* you are here today? Some people THINK too much.

jjrizo: Why don't you put down your Bible and pick up the Koran? What is this, you just serve the first God you come accross?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit