Questions for Creationists

by IronGland 184 Replies latest jw friends

• IronGland
    IronGland

What does creationism explain?
    What does it predict?
    What does creationism have to say about the ostrich (why did God bother to give it wings?)?
    What about blind cave fish with residual eyes. Why did God start to give it eyes that it didn't need?
    Why do certain aquatic salamanders who never leave the water and never use their feet have useless feet anyway ?
    Why did God make horrible things like ticks, leaches, salmonella, and the AIDS virus?
    Why did God do such a bad job designing our lower backs? So many people visiting Chiropractors.
    Why do tasty ripe fruit signal us by changing color when they are ready to eat? How about Marijuana when the seeds are ready to be planted it sends out a heady inebriating fragrance to attract flocks of birds which devour the buds and then fly away stoned (there should be a law) .The seeds then are passed whole from the birds and are widely dispersed.
    Lets suppose we wanted to turn nice house cats into big viscous lion like killers. We could do it and it would only take a couple hundred years of an intensive breeding program. Imagine what we could do in 1000 years or 1,000,000 years we could turn the house cat into something no one could recognize by breeding alone.
    Look at what we have done with corn.
    Look at how the Chinese created the
    Gold fish from the Carp
    while the Japanese created the koi.
    Check out Lake Tanganyika in Africa.
    A lake on top of a volcano. Somehow
    a few Ciclid fish were introduced to this lake. Over the course of many thousand years this single Ciclid species diversified into many different but closely related species to fill every ecological niche in the Lake.
    Look at the marsupials of Australia.
    How in isolation one species diversified into many. Kangaroo, wombat, koala all close relatives.
    Darwins theory was mainly based on the study of living Animals. The fossil evidence has just been used as one type of conformation.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

You must have faith in the greater wisdumb of Gawd.

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

Interesting points..I don't question, nor can i explain (or even want to for that matter) creation.

I do think that the points you mention prove several things...

God is a great engineer

God has a great imagination

God has a pretty good sense of humor

God likes to keep people guessing

God enjoys giving the sceptics something to think about

God must like a good debate

in the case of the ostrich - maybe he really likes wings...you know...a little BBQ sauce...have you seen the size of those things ?

Leaches were used medically for years

As to the bad things in life....for those of us who believe christian teachings - man had the opportunity to live a perfect life in the beginning...in the beginning...hmmm great way to start a book. It was not until man sinned that sickness, pain and disease showed up.

I know that none of these points will answer your questions and to be honest I can't explain it myself and yet, I believe...why ? Faith...simple as that.

RandyW

• Xander
    Xander

IOW, you don't care about the answers, and you believe anything anyone tells you?

I mean, really, think about that answer. 'Faith is enough'. Faith from where? Where did that faith REALLY come from? From the interpretations given to you by some pastor or minister or whatnot somewhere?

Why do you believe THAT over anything science or even common sense shows?

Because it gives you a 'feel good' answer about the afterlife? Is that REALLY all the criteria you need to believe something?

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

I think it better to have a mind open to the wonders of the universe, as opposed to a mind that is closed by belief. I think it best to have a mind that is open to the wonders of God-like unlimited potential without the shakles of dogma created for the sole purpose of limiting our potential for good or bad. Our potential for love is not limited. But, our gravitation towards apathy creates all the hell we ever need see or live.

• Satanus
    Satanus

In the evening god was tired. He relaxed w a few beers. After that, he made some wierd stuff. Then it was an evening and a morning. And god slept. So he has been sleeping, ever since. Simple answers to all those silly evolutionist questions

SS

• Zechariah
    Zechariah

IronGland,

When I speak of Creationism I am not refering to a fundamentalist view of how God designed and manufactured man and the world in which he lives. The simple fact that he did is all that is essential to know in order to have a basis for trusting God.

Anyone that believes a supernatural being is the original cause of life regardless of whether Evolution was employed in any fashion is a creatinist (IMO).

The nature of the unbeliever is skepticism. Basically it is pessimism and couting ones troubles instead of their blessings. The unbeliever spirit does not add anything positive to life.

I just watched the Oprah show that illustrates what I just said. The show exposes the climate of fear the media creates about almost everything.

They have created much paranoia about such things as sharks, killer bees, sniper shootings, almost everything we eat, razor blades in apples on Halloween (complete urban myth), the fear of black men, the Y2k scare, fear of atomic warfare, etc.. The concentration on these fears prevents us from giving attention to what we really ought to be afraid of like poverty and lack of health care.

The lack of trust in God makes us insecure and we concentrate on bad things and not the good or what we can do to make things better.

I would say that Gods purpose in creating such amazingly intiguing, interesting and awe-inspiring is to provide fascination, joy, and learning.

Many poisonous animals provide us with what wwe need to know how to combat disease. All the creatures contribue to the ecological balance of the earth. Looking negatively and critically at things in creation we personally consider unnecessary is very limited thinking and limits the joy to be obtained by life.

What would Halloween or Horror movies be without the creatures that inspire them. What would they have to eat on FEAR FACTOR.

Zechariah

• IronGland
    IronGland

" If you want to believe your relatives are monkeys great, how about being a little more human in your approach!"

JJrizo, sorry for posing these inhuman questions. God, im such an ass. LOL

Edited by - Irongland on 1 November 2002 17:58:4

• rem
    rem

Jim,

The point is to get people to think critically. People who believe things "just because" can be very dangerous indeed. It's the kind of mentality that produces suicide bombers. Surrendering your thinking capabilities to religious dogma is a sad thing. It's why JW's are JW's and Mormon's are Mormon's.

Unfortunately, critical thinking is more difficult than just accepting what you are taught as a child, so most people don't exercise it.

rem

• Gedanken
    Gedanken

jrizo,

It is amazing how emotional Creationists get on this issue. I don't believe in evolution the same way that people, or how I for that matter used to, believe in Creationism. If evolution were somehow disproved tomorrow it wouldn't bother me in the slightest - in fact it would be incredibly interesting. Most evolutionists feel the same was as far as I can tell - they have not invested any emotional energy into believing it. Religious fanatics of the Creationist variety, on the other hand, have essentially grounded their entire lives in the validity of Creationism - remove that and their religion is gone. That's why they will lie and miquote all and sundry to reassure themselves that they are right.

The irritation that evolutionists often express towards Creationist arguments is directed towards their tendency to be dishonest and to the fcat that Creationists almost always avoid dealing with actual data or confronting rational arguments. For example, the fact that the fossil record demonstrates that different species have existed at different times: in itself that doesn't prove or disprove evolution or creationism (although it does rule out the New Earth variety). But only evolution provides a credible, nonmiraculous explanation for the data; the idea that God made species and then after they went extinct, or were destroyed, He created new ones is possible but not palatable to most religious types. The list that Iron Gland has pot forth will not be seriously addressed by Creationists since they - like you - have no answers and so the responses tend to be ostrich like and stupid (monkeys for relatives - a very JW like argument indeed.)

I'd suggest that you do start reading some serious books on the subject since your comments are pretty simplistic - which is not surprising since, apparently, you claim to have no interest in this subject. It certainly shows.

Gedanken

Edited by - Gedanken on 1 November 2002 18:4:58

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit