Questions for Creationists

by IronGland 184 Replies latest jw friends

• rem
    rem

Zech,

I disagree. I think it is quite evident that believers are the pessimists of the world. Believers are the ones telling us that this world is so bad that our only hope is to wait for god to fix things in the future.

Nonbelievers have much hope in mankind and in our own capacity to fix problems. Most atheists I know don't think things are hopeless. Many believers I know do.

rem

• Gedanken
    Gedanken

jrizo,

Watchtower mentality. You Know used to post like that when he came up against stuff he didn't understand. Indeed, the typical JW response to criticism is one of boredom or feigned boredom. It's a well known psychological protection for people who are unable to deal with reality.

Gedanken

• IronGland
    IronGland

" I just don't care about it, don't have time to read all that jibberish especially knowing what I read is just a mans/women opinion."

JJ, burying your head in the sand and 'knowing' something are two different things.

• rem
    rem

jim,

It's quite evident that many atheists know their bibles better than most believers. Case in point, take an exchange I just had with Pomegranate about the use of the word "law" in the bible. I guess he figured that since I was a lowly atheist he could bluff his way through twisting the scriptures.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=39437&page=6&site=3

Remember, most, if not all, of us were creationists before doing the research and seeing the problems with the bible creation story and the explanitory power of the evolutionary model. I must say that for someone who says he has no interest in the topic, you do seem to post quite a bit on it.

rem

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Why did God make man? Maybe we're equally horrible to flies, ticks, fleas, roaches, ants, mosquitoes, snakes, mice, rats, etc. Bet they wish we would just leave them alone, instead of always seeking to exterminate them. Horrible for whom? Are humans the only ones with a right to live? And one thing I know for sure, man is equally horrible to man. Wonder if that's God's fault also? But if He doesn't exist as so many protest, why bring Him into the picture at all? You still have a world filled with flies, ticks, fleas, roaches, ants, mosquitoes, snakes, mice, rats and man. Learn to accept it and get over it.

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

Zech - how do you view God? As a religious person - biblical - or as a force. A comment you made grabbed my attention, the point that poisonous snakes can be used to fight disease. So if you believe in a Biblical God, why in "the Beginning" did he need to make a poisonous snake, since there was not yet any disease? Hmmm, and if he knew there would be sin, he did it "just in case", but then you'd have all these poisonous snakes biting perfect, disease-sin free people ...

Personally, I don't know if I believe in God, but if I did, I'd have to say that everything is exactly the way he wants it to be.

Jjrizo - just read your last post... who wrote the bible?!?!?! I know women didn't. Oh, right it was the men. No, God. Right, now I remember. Thats why its soooo clear and not confusing at all.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Tashawaa,

Again, remove God from the picture. Now you tell us why there are poisonous snakes?

• rem
    rem

Poisonous snakes make perfect sense without an omni-benevolent god in the picture. The questions only arise when such a creator is assumed to exist.

rem

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

Kenneson - completely agree. Just was curious where Zech was going with it...

Oh, and if you talk to a creationist, and even WT reasoning - everything has "adapted". I think it means "evolved". Just a more "christian" way of viewing it.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Rem,

Please enlighten us as to how poisonous snakes, make sense? Why not just non-poisonous ones? Did evolution go awry? And why the Aids virus?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit