I am new

by madison149 33 Replies latest jw friends

• madison149
    madison149

Hi, i'm new here. I've been reading this site for about 2 weeks.
    The information and support here are great! I'm trying to fade 
    away from the JW's without having to DA myself (because of my 
    many JW family members). It's really hard because there is so 
    much pressure from my family about why i am rarely at meetings, 
    etc. Also, i'm really ticked off because my husband (non JW) got 
    to take the kids out trick or treating tonight, and I didn't get 
    to go. They were so cute, and I really wanted to go, but I was 
    afraid I'd be seen and reported to the elders so of course i 
    stayed home. I just want a normal life, especially for my kids. 
    Anyway, thanks for listening and thanks just for being here because 
    until i found this site i felt very alone in the world.
  • DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Hello and welcome Madison. If you can fade away, I tink that is best. Hope it works out for you. Shunning is little more than emotional blackmail to keep the masses in line, we all know that here.

Looking forward to hearing your story and comments

Lew W

• Mackin
    Mackin

Welcome Madison.

You'll find yourself among friends here.

Mackin.

• myself
    myself

madison, I am glad you came in here to share with us. Time tends to heal things. Welcome!

myself aka Karla

• Brummie
    Brummie

Welcome Madison

Glad your here, looking forward to hearing more from you.

Brummie

• caligirl
    caligirl

Welcome Madison.. I did the fade away thing, and for me, it was the best way as well. Then you can be the "inactive one" and avoid most, if not all of the hassles. I just went Trick-or-Treating with my son for the first time tonight. It was his second time. It was fun, but at the same time I had a kind of sadness because I never got to do that as a kid when I could really fully appreciate it. Best wishes to you on your journey out of the org, and glad you are hanging out here with all of us!

• kelpie
    kelpie

Welcome Madison.

I have only been posting about 2 weeks now myself and I have found great comfort and support from everyone here.

It is such a relief to find people that understand and know what you are going through.

Welcome aboard. You will find your "haven of rest" here.

• Buster
    Buster

Welcome!!

You're gonna find the people here have loads of experience in what you are facing. It does seem to be a majority that feel that the 'fade' is the better mode - usually. But can I add something? You still need to get your mind set on how you will handle some stuff. The elders may come by, perhaps knowing something's up, perhaps not. Do you feel they are entitled to the truth when they ask you? Being ready for that meeting will make it less traumatic. My dad fronted for us - sent 'em packin'.

- Buster

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Hi, Madison. Welcome.

I'm sorry you didn't get to go trick or treating with your son this year. I'm hoping by this time next year you will be reporting to us all what you'll be wearing.

These are wonderful forums, something unheard of 30 some years ago when I was df. I really have no lingering JW issues, but have learned so much since signing on over a year ago for the very first time. I recently switched to Simon's board just for a change of pace. I was stunned reading about the United Nation's episode - such hypocrites! and of course we now are facing this sickening pedophile issue. Anyhow, I'm always happy when a newcomer joins in.

Granny Linda

• Princess
    Princess

Hi Madison! My husband and I did the fade away as soon as our first child was born. My parents and all my brothers did the fade as well. Tonight for the very first time, my two older brothers and I took all our kids trick or treating. First time for us together, we've done it separately. I took a picture, it needs to be in the family album.

Good luck with the fade! Nice to have you here and maybe next year you can join the family.

Rachel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit