I am new

by madison149 33 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

wELCOME! MAKE YOURSELVE AT HOME,MADISON.

• Jesika
    Jesika

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you are here Madison!!!! Just know we are always here, no matter what or what time for that matter.

Also, welcome to all the new ones that I have missed, I haven't been online as often as usual.

Jes

• madison149
    madison149

Thanks so much to all of you for responding. And thanks for the advice, especially the heads up on the elders coming to call. I hadn't really thought of that. I really don't want to tell them anything . . . I would like to just avoid any confrontation with them altogether, if possible.

Metatron--I loved your story about the sisters in Bethel. Too funny! I think telling the elders i have depression is a great idea (and not altogether untrue).

RandyW--I think it's great when you're strong enough to take a stand and just live your life the way you want. For me, though, I'd just rather go quietly away (if possible) and try to hang on to my family.

My biggest pressure comes from my mother. She is older, JW is her whole life, and i really don't want to hurt her with the truth of how I feel. I love her so much, and she is a wonderful person, but she can lay a fabulous guilt trip. In her mind, she is only on my case so much because she is concerned about my "everlasting life". Still, it drives me crazy, she is so relentless.

Yes, I am lucky to have a nonJW husband, and he is incredibly supportive. His family is really great to me too.

Thanks again for listening.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hello and may I add my words of welcome.

I had to fade ,because of wife and family. I had a lot of fading to do since I was an elder , Watctower Sudy Overseer, Secretary etc.. It could not be achieved ovenight. but I got off the treadmill and I am so glad.

The elders would rather prefer to DF or DA someone instead of having them fade away.

I beg to differ on that. Elders dont want to have to kick you out. They would rather keep hope of reactivating you.But the present day elders don't usually try all that hard . One or two visits is all their busy schedule will alow them to find . And use your husband as an excuse - you can be shamefully fibbing about that because they are wrong any way

Take care and keep posting!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit