Do you like black people?

by crownboy 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Sabine
    Sabine

No Mulan, not selling, not yet anyway....

Why did I know no one was gonna agree that it was a racist response to be surprized my house was so clean.....do you think there are any racists out there?

Sabine, of the "you had to be there class"

• bigboi
    bigboi

Why did I know no one was gonna agree that it was a racist response to be surprized my house was so clean.....do you think there are any racists out there?

Sabine, of the "you had to be there class"

If they were racists I doubt they would have stepped foot in the house. Most white ppl aren't racist, imo. They just probably get toomuch of their info about what goes on in the Black community from television. Like the comments from ol boy a few posts up. I really do take offense to the fact that he seems to equate drugs with young black culture. That just isn't a correct way to put it although I can understand why his perception of it is that way. All of the young kids he sees in his neighborhood selling drugs happen to be young and black. But it's deeper than that,much deeper.
  • Grunt
    Grunt

Hi Sabine,
    I got a kick out of the site. There will never be a shortage of racists. The last couple of really verbal racists I knew were both oriental. One was the father of a Japanese exchange student we shared our home with, he flew into a rage when he saw a prom picture of his daughter and a white boy. Of course it was alright for her to live with white people! He also hated Koreans and blacks. Funny in a sad kind of way. He and the mother were very concerned that the young lady would learn English with a Southern accent also, they had sent her to Michigan where she had problems with the host family and then relocated to Florida. Learning to speak English fluently was the only reason they allowed her to come over. She was a good kid, but glad to get away from her family and was eager to get into an American college and avoid going back to Japan until she was on her own. The next racist I met was Chinese. In the graduate program up at Gatorville. He and his wife lived in campus housing next to my daughter. He told he despised the Japanese as they were all shallow, arrogant and interested only in money.
    I guess we will always find a reason to hate one another. Color makes it easy, but if not that then tribe or religion or sect of the same religion, if not that then national origin or even what section of the same country. Heck, mountain people have hated and fought plains people all over the world. Some people hate by gender, some by age, some by income. Lately I find myself really disliking moslems. They seem so shallow, arrogant and narrow minded. They remind me a lot of you know what's, that's right, evolutionists! Just joking, why some of my best friends are evolutionists!!!

Grunt

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Sabine your post reminds me of a funny story. We were in field service one day, my mom, my brother and I, a black sister, and an elderly white sister (Norma Skwarlo, some of you know her). Way out in a rural territory in Georgia and we stopped at this run-down shack. Kind of like something you'd see in "Deliverance". A white lady came out of the door as we drove up and the white sister blurted out "Oh! White people live here!".

I understand what you are saying. Black folks like a clean house just like anyone else does.

Mike.

• Mulan
    Mulan

The filthiest house I was ever in, was a white family's home. I didn't want to touch anything. I had to use the bathroom, and the toilet tipped sideways. It was a thrill.

Sabine...........so glad you aren't selling yet. We need another dinner here. Still working on that one.

To any who are interested, Mak and Sabine's house is amazing...........gorgeous, big and immaculate.

• jurs
    jurs

That was funny. Thanks for the laugh.

jurs

• fulano
    fulano

I like black women

• jesussaves
    jesussaves

Undecided,

I respect your opinion as far as your choice of music goes. I happen to hate heavy metal and country western music, but I don't equate those music forms with 'the white culture'. Rap music is consumed in the largest quantities by pre-teen and teenaged white kids. The true, poetic form of glorious hip-hop has been diluted into this new commercial form that is perpetuated by white record executives.

Yes, there are some young black men and women who sell drugs. It's sad. It's also sad that young white men and women also sell drugs. What's also disturbing is to see how many professional white folks come to 'the hood' to score their drugs.

That website was hilarious. If only most of the things mentioned were exaggerations! A good friend of mine at work (who is a manager) had another manager comment on how articulate she was, as if it were a surprise. When I wore my hair in braids, I ALWAYS got comments about it from white people. I don't consider the thing with the braids to be racist. I find that women often comment on hairstyles and I ask other black women similar questions about their hairdos.

I think that sometimes, in an effort to try to relate, some white people come across as racist. If someone who I find geuninely kind asks me a question about 'soul food', I don't assume it's racist. I just answer their questions.

A word to the wise white person :) - Don't ever try to hold an intellectual conversation with a black person on any of these topics:

-slavery

-reparations

-affirmative action

-the civil rights movement

-O.J. Simpson

-Rodney King

No matter what you say.....you can't win.

• Prisca
    Prisca
    Do you like black people?

They taste like chicken, don't they?

• comforter
    comforter

i love colered people. God created them two. Didn't he?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit