What did you do to piss the brothers off?

by Pleasuredome 63 Replies latest jw friends

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

A few years ago, I went through 3 huge episodes in my life one after the other. The elders partly added to the problems. I went off the rails, drinking all the time,....I mean all the time, and going out all the time and dressing how I wanted. The elders would come up to see me, sometimes on a daily basis .

One time, they even arranged for the CO to come up for a visit. They came at lunch time and I offered them tea and biscuits etc. I boldly sat down with my large glass of wine. Told them I needed it. My tongue loosened as time went on, I told them that I was drinking a Least a bottle of wine a day, that I was allowing myself to get really drunk at times. Told them how short my skirts were when I was going out, and that basically I looked like a hooker at times. Also told them that they shouldn't be trying to discuss cerain problems with me because they were MEN. Asked them what it would feel like to be grilled by TWO or THREE Men if you were a sister. Told them that's how I thought of them.......JUST MEN. Told them I also went to the meeting with half a bottle of wine in me.

I was like this for a full year. Still went out on the ministry at times and answered up at the meeetings. THEY DID NOTHING ABOUT IT! Wow!

When did I piss them off? When I told them I realized the Bible identified them as a false prophet.............hence the counselling, marking talks, shunning etc.........................the rest is history.

• donuthole
    donuthole

Wouldn't say "deliberately", but these things tended to irritate the elders for whatever reason --

• Not using the name "Jehovah" in prayer.
  • Encouraging brothers and sisters, without have "authority".
  • Speaking "too much" about Jesus.
  • Attention to Christian giving and charity.
  • Partaking at memorial.
  • Welcoming disfellowshipped ones at meetings.
  • Sending personal letters to brothers & sisters.
  • Kudra
    Kudra

This is a great thread!

Enjoyable :)

To piss one brother off, while he was "counseling" me on something out in service with me standing on one side of his car and he on the other side, I was surreptitiously scratching his car with my key.

Tre mature.

Also, I didn't do it on purpose but my shirts were always see-through (in their minds) my bra straps were always showing, my hair was always messy, my legs/armpits werre never shaved and about a million other little things that I am sure the creator of the universe was *really* interested in me changing.

Lame.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I don't think I ever did piss them off but they sure pissed me off...

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit