What did you do to piss the brothers off?

by Pleasuredome 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

when you were getting fed up with meetings before you gave up, was there anything you did to deliberately get on the brothers nerves?

i turned up to a meeting once with jeans on, and a red top with CCCP on it with the 'hammer and sickle'. i also went to another BS group a few times so that if i wasnt at one group they'd think i was at the other and vice versa. folding up my report as small as possible.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I went to the memorial with a black eye, courtesy of my JW husband. Funny though, noone seemed to notice.......

• Lin
    Lin

The elders had come over to talk to me about my decision to divorce my dub husband, they told me I had "No grounds". I told them the conversation was over and to get out. I slammed the door in their faces and they never came back.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

My 'presence' was enough, seriously.

Guest 77

• Mulan
    Mulan

When a new elder was announced, I said out loud "You have GOT to be kidding". I couldn't help myself. He was such a doofus. My husband about died of embarrassment.

My cousin's husband would loudly sigh, stand up, and stomp to the back of the KH, and leave, when something was said that he couldn't take another minute of hearing. We all sat together, so we were chuckling about it. No one ever said anything to us.

Another time, a new elder (same one as above) gave the public talk. One of the sisters said to me after the meeting that it was such a good talk...........and "he does such a good job". I said "what did I miss? What part did you think was so good?" She stumbled around a bit and said something lame. I said "didn't you know that before?"

Everyone was talking about me and my "bad attitude".

• blondie
    blondie
    Another time, a new elder (same one as above) gave the public talk. One of the sisters said to me after the meeting that it was such a good talk...........and "he does such a good job". I said "what did I miss? What part did you think was so good?"

I've done and said that. I am still going occasionally. I read the list and when certain brothers come up, we go out of town.

• asortafairytale
    asortafairytale

Towards the end, I wore pants to meetings on several occasions.

Also, at a couple of dub weddings, I "danced provacatively(REALLY provocative! lol)" with another girl. Never got called in the back room for that one, surprisingly. I think the elders were too busy hiding their boners.

• butalbee
    butalbee
    What did you do to piss the brothers off?

For me it was what didn't I do that pissed the brothers off!

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

Guest 77-ditto

And, ( proving ) an elder a liar in front of his family and peers really won me brownie points...But, I'm not holding out for an invite to Christmas dinner...

I think what really sent it over the top was not that I called him anything. It was that I asked him, "why?"

• obiefernandez
    obiefernandez

I quit the Theocratic Ministry School a good six months before becoming fully inactive. I just asked the PO/TMS Overseer to meet me in the library for a chat. I told him that I did not need to improve my public speaking skills any further and I really did not have the time or motivation to prepare the talks. It really aggravated him because I was one of the better public speakers and my father is one of the most popular public speakers in the circuit. I don't remember ever seeing this particular brother so angry, but there was really nothing he could do. Actually he tried to insinuate that maybe I had some "secret sin" that I needed to confess but I shot him down. Just simple non-compliance with the rules.

Oh, I would also routinely submit timeslips with "0" hours. Hehehe

Obie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit