Are you in the mood....?

by Beck_Melbourne 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Hey Ven

You sure do get around lady!! Were you a JW when you went to NZ?? While you were at Whakarewarewa, did you see some artists carving these:

There's a small shop within the complex where artists carve pendants like above while you watch, and the carvers explain the significance of each piece/pendant and what it means or stands for. Well they be Hoovah's people LOL. A JW brother owns the store and he employs JW's only. If I'd known you then, I could have taken you and got you a Hoovah blessed pendant with a discount

~Beck~

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

TR - ouch!

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Did you know that this symbol is a symbol used in Shaman magick of the world, as a mental motion of raising the minds energy. Yes, it is a "8", but remember 8 just a symbol we see as eight. I am interested to know if this is made my Aberishines (sp).

Just wondering

Dragon

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Dragon

I didn't know that...its called the 'twist' and my daughter has one. All my kids wear greenstone or beef bone carved pendants made by a family member who was a professional artist for some years.

I have to say that out of all the pendants I have, the twist is the only one I wear, as I borrow my daughter's when I'm in the mood to go native LOL. I'm not into too much busy jewellery, and the twist has a simple tidy look to it...so its the only one I like. How' bout that!

~Beck~

ps..The twist or crossover carving represents the bonding of friendship, the joining of lives for eternity

Edited by - Beck_Melbourne on 29 October 2002 23:48:56

• Prisca
    Prisca

In the mood for some more holiday snaps?

This is called Airlie Beach, up on the east coast of Australia, way up north:

It's a popular touristy place.

Airlie Beach is in an area called "The Witsundays", a group of islands that are now popular tourist resorts. A few years ago I went to spend a week at Long Island, one of the resort islands. This is a view of the beach that I swam at every day (it's a hard life, but someone has to do it!)

A little closer to home is a beautiful township called Shoal Bay, just an hour or two north of Sydney. My witness friends and I used to visit this beach to unwind.

Sorry for posting them as small thumbnails, but I am having trouble with the size of the images. Just click on them to enlarge the pics.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Nice pics Prisca

I've always wanted to go to the Witsunday Islands...in fact there's a lot of places I want to see in Aussie-land. Noosa would be a nice spot, a lot of Melburnians go there...and Hamilton Island.

The outback and Ayres Rock also hold some fascination for me. One day eh!

~Beck~

• Prisca
    Prisca

Beck,

Hamilton Island is the biggest of the Witsunday Islands. To travel to the various islands, you have to fly first to Hamilton Is (you can fly straight from Sydney to Hamilton Is) and then catch a ferry to whichever island you are visiting. Long Island is a family-type island, much like Lindeman and Hamilton Islands. Some others are for backpackers, others are more exclusive, such as Green and Dunk Islands. Great Keppel is being advertised as a party island again, I believe it's been refurbished.

I have been to Ayers Rock (Ularu) and the outback. Unfortunately I didn't have a very good camera at the time otherwise I could psot some pics. But it is an awesome place to go - I'd thoroughly recommend it to anyone considering travelling there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit