Are you in the mood....?

by Beck_Melbourne 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

....for pics??

I just felt like a change of scenery...and so I thought I'd share some of MY scenery with you in the hopes that you would share some of YOUR scenery with me

A couple of weekends ago Andy and I took a drive down Great Ocean Rd - we never quite made to see the 12 Apostles (Lilacs - we're waiting for you babe LOL)...but along the way we stopped and took a few photos. Here's the coast along Great Ocean Rd, between Angelsea and Lorne. There are better beaches in Australia, WA have some especially nice spots.

This is an old church in Geelong, I love the bluestone - most of our old buildings and some side streets in the city from the early 1900's are bluestone.

Here's a geyser at a placed called Whakarewarewa, Rotorua, New Zealand.

A thermal hot spring also in Rotorua New Zealand. They have a lot of these scattered all over the district, very dangerous if you are staggering home from a night out at the Lakehouse Tavern.

Anyone else got some pics off the net or out of your photo albums of the area where you live??

~Beck~

Edited by - Beck_Melbourne on 28 October 2002 21:16:51

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

Thanks for the pics! cool stuff.

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

A local water fall

Oregon Dunes

My pictures

Dragon

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Hamptonight - you're welcome. I inherited the gift of bad photography skills from my grandmother, but it doesn't stop me from clicking.

Dragon

That looks like a scene out of the movie Blue Lagoon, beautiful. Living in the concrete jungle I forget these places exist.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Looking glass falls, This is one of the many waterfalls in the Pisgah National Forest, just outside of Brevard, NC.

Stone mountian

I will keep looking for some of the ocean.

Edited by - Lilacs on 28 October 2002 22:0:41

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I like stone mountain. I don't have any of Ayres Rock (or whatever they call it now, probably spelt it wrong too).

Each corner of the world has something unique and picturesque.

~Beck~

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Beck, my moms house in Wake Forest, NC. Is sitting upon a hill they call Iron Mountian. When I was a kid I would clim up and down the rocks. It isn't that high but for a kid is was. I would play make believe and I was queen of Iron Mountian. LOL

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Lilacs the names of your rivers, mountains and valleys are so cool...Iron Mountain!!

We used to live next to a mountain as kids and we would trek up near the top and fern dive until we landed at the bottom. Back in those days it was safe to play in areas like that...and the fern was soft and parts were crunchy to step on but quite safe for rolling in.

I wouldn't dare let my kids do things like that now. We also had a little stream where were look for frogs and tadpoles and just wade our feet...how I wish I had photographs of those memories. We spent hours entertaining ourselves before Sony playstation and DVD players LOL.

~Beck~

• Solace
    Solace

Wow! Stunning pictures!

Makes me want to travel more.

Here are some Pics from Northern Michigan.

Deer are everywhere up here. This one was on the side of the road when we snapped this pic.

This sunset pic was taken in a small town nearby, its one of my favorites.

I still cant believe this following picture turned out, it was so dark .

Moon over Lake Superior.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

OHMYGOD!! Bambi!! That is so cool Heaven ...and you take nice pics, you have a good camera.

Those pics are like postcard images...awesome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit