Are you in the mood....?

by Beck_Melbourne 36 Replies latest jw friends

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon
    I didn't know Oregon had any dunes

Oregon Dunes are world famous. They are about 7 miles wide, and around 50-70 miles long and run all along the Oregon Coast from Coos Bay to somewhere north of Florence. There are small lakes inside them, and tons of wild life. We take the quads over there and ride all the time. Not so much this year, with the pregnant wife, but we have done it a ton in life.

Take Care

Dragon

• wasasister
    wasasister

I have often visited the Oregon Dunes Nat'l Recreation Area. God bless Oregon for not only preserving the area, but for designating part of it for off road vehicles and part of it for quiet solitude.

In fact, the entire Oregon Coast has been largely set aside for public use, unlike other coastal areas which have been overgrown with private condominiums and resorts.

My personal favorite is an area just north of Depot Bay. You now have to trespass on private property, but sitting upon the rocks, over crashing waves, you can almost always see whales. I could sit there for hours (and often have), watching the waves crash against the rocks, the colors in the water change, and whale-spouts. I want my ashes sprinkled there someday.

Wasa

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Anyone ever seen mud so hot it bubbles? These pics were taken at Kuirau Park, Rotorua.

Nature can be so freaky.

~Beck~

Edited by - Beck_Melbourne on 29 October 2002 1:10:44

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

lord A Mighty Beck !

That is the biggest COW PAT I ever saw.

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Beck

I have seen that. Yellowstone National Park has a whole bunch of those. Really cool! I did not know you had things like that down under.

My thought

Dragon

• Solace
    Solace

Beck,

Wow! That looks like quicksand!

Many people here have wood heat in case the electricity goes out. We usually know ahead of time if a big storm is comming. When this happens, you can usually count on very long lines at the grocery store with everyone preparing to be homebound.

I would much rather be with you warmer climate dwellers ANYDAY!

All these beautiful pics make me want to vacation!

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Heaven

Keep us posted with regular pics of your snowy regions...we need the images to cool us down during our 40 degrees (celcius) summer LOL

There have been some wonderful pics posted...hard to imagine we are on the same planet.

Dragon

LOL@Yellostone Park, is that Yogi Bear territory?? I haven't heard that in years. Woops, showing my age LOL.

~Beck~

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Yogi is in Jellystone Park. Yellowstone is the United State's largest national park. It is in Idaho, Wyoming and Montana. It has all kind of geysers, like "Old Faithful" and mud pots. It has tons of beautiful territories, and water falls. If you come to the USA, it is a must see to get a taste of the American outback.

Take Care

Dragon

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Actually Beck I have when were are at Whakarewarewa, Rotorua, New Zealand a few years back. It was incredible, smelled nasty though all that sulfur

Kenp those are great pics. WE got lost on the Oregan sand dunes when I had bronchitis years ago, we were camping at honeyman and mom was sure she had a 'short cut', an hour later my sis who was sick as well, and I were crawling and the dunes just kept going, and going, and going................ it was like some kind of bad movie!!!!! hahhahhhaha we also had to hike the Oregon caves I thought my lungs were gonna rupture, but then we did get to sip dad's Jack Daniels . Mom was afraid we were going to get kicked out of the campsite with all our caughing during the night haha ohh man I can't belive it was so long ago I think I was in grade school.

Ven

• TR
    TR

Head up ass. YK/FredHall/Comforter/collective GB? Who really knows?

TR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit