Bill Bowen's Comments on Ray Franz

by silentlambs 181 Replies latest jw friends

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    silentlambs,

Your desire to burn bridges when you do not meet with agreement is evident again in your stated intent to leave JWD and start your own forum.

I hope it works out for you

IW, please insert your foot, into your mouth, this has been planned for awhile, with many suggestions from many people about doing a forum on silentlambs, since the guestbook enteries, tended to be out of control.

• docpalo
    docpalo

This post by Bill Bowen was an excellent rebuttal. Those of us who own an open mind can see the truth in his statements. I personally do not care about the memories of an 80 year old man. Ray in his time contributed greatly to those of us who needed to see the truth behind the facade of self righteousness the Watchtower eminates. His work is done so leave him alone. To try and make him own certain issues now is tantamount to blaming Nixon or Carter for our crisis in Iraq. It is the present day group of miscreants that must own this issue of child abuse. I can speak from my own history since my abuse occurred in the 60s and there was no idea or concept of pedophelia in the organization. You were df'ed if caught and you got away with it if you lied well and didn't have a second witness plain and simple. In fact the victim was usually blamed. What I find sad is that the present day batch of Witnesses are so blind. I have been in communication with one elder and when I suggested that he would change his view if he were to read some of the victims stories he vehemently said that he and no one in the organization would read such lies. This is so typical of the closed, shuttered mind set that is causing so much of the problem to begin with. The blind leading the blind.

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

I still thought the issue was not who was right but the wrongness of Mr Bowen posting such things here... personal attacks whether true or false do no advantage to the movement.

• scumrat
    scumrat

Bill............ Very well said.

Nothing but respect and admiration for you.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Kelsey, if Bill Bowen got down on his hands and knees and crawled on fire and glass until he was bloodied and wounded and with tears in his eyes begged you to forgive him, you would still have something negative to say about him.

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

No dutchie- not true- just in reading the post here I felt the real issue was missed. Mt Bowen told in depth his side of the story. It would have been better that he just say "It was a private conversation- and I should not have shared the private conversation with others in a public forum." But instead he sought to justify his view of the conversation.

This should not go down as Mr Bowen was right or Mr Franz was right. The wrong was the posting of such to begin with. That is what needs to be addressed. ONe who post personal letters from mom on the internet and slings mud from private conversations on the internet does not get my vote.

Edited by - kelsey007 on 27 October 2002 19:38:35

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

I guess that is because you and others were screaming for an apology or an explanation. So now Bill has given you one. Surprise, you are still now satisfied because he did not say the things you thought he should say. Well guess what. Bill is an individual and I don't suppose he will ever do things your way, or my way or any other person's way but his own.

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Mr Bowen shared private information gained from a private phone call in a public forum. Mr Bowen also posted a personal letter from his own mother on his web site- this is what is wrong. He owes me nothing- no apology- nothing. Just dont confuse the issue because he wrote a well worded defense to his side of the ray franz story that he started without mr franz's knowledge.

• TR
    TR

Thanks, Bill. I think I understand the situation a lot better now.

TR

• JT
    JT

In 1993 at Bethal

kelsay007

shoot me an email didn't know you were at bethel- what years

[email protected]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit