Bill Bowen's Comments on Ray Franz

by silentlambs 181 Replies latest jw friends

• Perry
    Perry

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your comments and perspective. I think that a forum that is more in tune with survivor issues is a healthy thing. I look forward to visiting it when you have it up.

Perry

• abbagail
    abbagail

Dear IW: The new-revised silentlambs website has been under construction for several months, if not longer. It has nothing to do with JWD or Ray Franz. A new website has been needed for quite some time. If you've ever visited the SL guestbook on a regular basis you would understand why. The regular visitors to the SL site have been attempting to use the guestbook as a forum (which it is obviously not set up for such a purpose), and this has caused much frustration to the regular posters at SL, who have been pleading for an SL forum for many moons. When Bill/silentlambs organization finally got the volunteer assistance they needed several months back, in order to create/design/set-up a new-revised, better functioning, easier to read, more organized website with separate SL forum, they went to work right away and have been working diligently on it ever since.

I am saddened that you take a negative view of the silentlambs support organization finally being able to "improve" on it's aid and support of victims/survivors by providing them with a specific "silentlambs" forum.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Thanks for the very imformative and well written post. I truly hope this can put an end to all the pain and strife that has been on the board over the past few weeks.

Ven

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Great post Bill! You know CC and I support you and always will! Thank-you for having the guts to do what you do! I wish there were more like you!

Tink

• Englishman
    Englishman

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation are, I'm just pleased that Bill has opened up to us all in this way.

Englishman.

• izobcenec
    izobcenec

oh come on IW...the new SL website is being planned for at least few months now...it
    is vital for such a site to have a forum and chatroom...bill is supporting abuse victims,
    why would he post on ex-witness forum? Those who wish to be informed can subscribe
    to his mailing list and will be informed about everything...bill is not escaping from anything,
    he has full freedom to say what he wishes as has mr. franz...but it is a problem, when
    this issues become so emotional and people start to say "I'm with bill, or I'm with ray
    on this" I mean, Is it possible, that two different views can co-exist and we all can live
    happily? can ray prove that he didn't know anything WITH DOCUMENTS? can bill prove,
    that ray knew something WITH DOCUMENTS? I don't think so...this board has 7,221 users, that is 7,221 opinions...so there you have it...

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Venice, I couldn't agree with you more. Let's all pray that it finally is allowed to be put to rest and the full support and attention is returned to the victims.

Lew W

• wednesday
    wednesday

I support what silentlambs is trying to do. I look forward to a new safe place to post. thank u for standing up for all the little ones who have no one to rescue them.

Edited by - wednesday on 27 October 2002 19:6:23

• avishai
    avishai

Wow, IW! What a great example of jw thinking! If you choose to leave & do your own thing, disagree with the status quo (wbts, ray franz, whatever) then that automatically makes you "unreasonable" & "burning your bridges"! Wow. Are you still a Jw?

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

As I have said in another post, I put thinking material on shelves as I await further information. This subject matter was one of them. Thanks for speaking your mind. My thoughts are similiar to yours in that, when I was young, I swore that no person will ever abuse me again. I have kept that promise to myself. So, I know where your coming from. We all have a role to play as extra's.

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit