You know you're a mom when

by WildTurkey 16 Replies latest social humour

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

You know you're a mom when...

You count the sprinkles on each kid's cupcake to make sure they're equal.

You want to take out a contract on the kid who broke your child's favorite toy and made him/her cry.

You have time to shave only one leg at a time.

You hide in the bathroom to be alone.

You child throws up, and you catch it.

Someone else's kid throws up at a party, and you keep eating.

You consider finger paint to be a controlled substance.

You mastered the art of placing large quantities of pancakes and eggs on a plate without anything touching.

Your child insists that you read Once Upon a Potty out loud in the lobby of the doctor's office, or, better yet, in the lobby of a Grand Central Station... and you do it.

You hire a sitter because you haven't been out with your husband in ages, then spend half the night talking about and checking on the kids.

You hope ketchup is a vegetable because it's the only one your child eats.

You cling to the high moral ground on toy weapons, while your child chews his toast into the shape of a gun.

You can't bear the thought of your son's first girlfriend.

You hate the thought of his wife even more.

You donate to charities in the hope that your child won't get that disease.

You find yourself cutting your husband's sandwiches into unusual shapes.

You fast-forward through the scene when the hunter shoots Bambi's mother.

You use your own saliva to clean your child's face.

You obsess when your child clings to you upon parting during his first month at school, then obsess when he skips in without looking back the second time.

You can't bear to give away baby clothes -- it's so final.

You hear your mother's voice coming out of your mouth when you say, "Not in your good clothes!"

You stop criticizing the way your mother raised you.

You read that the average five year old asks 437 questions a day and feel proud that your kid is above average.

You say at least once a day, "I'm not cut out for this job", but you know you wouldn't trade it for anything in the world...

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

hahahaha!! wonderful (((wild))) and give your darling wifey (MOMMY OF 3) a hug for me too would ya !

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Thanks WT, those are great.

Hugs,

j2bf (mom of three)

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

That was great WT! I needed that since there is not much to smile about in Cowboy land lately . . . . .

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

(((tex)))

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

OK , is that supposed to be funny?

You know why I have 3 kids right???????????? I didnt want 4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God, I need out of the place, where is the freakin' Calgon??????????????

Oh, heck, it wouldnt help, my youngest is an expert at picking locks. I have NO where to run.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

WT and his jokes LOL

Only some of those applied to me:

You count the sprinkles on each kid's cupcake to make sure they're equal.

I count everything they get, I even weigh the ice cream - kids dig equality

You hide in the bathroom to be alone.
    All mother's do this.

You child throws up, and you catch it.
    You have to, it saves the carpet. We have handled worse things then kids vomit.

Someone else's kid throws up at a party, and you keep eating.
    now that's just grotesque!

You hire a sitter because you haven't been out with your husband in ages, then spend half the night talking about and checking on the kids.
    yup, and then you read the kids menu and have a little weep cos you miss them

You hope ketchup is a vegetable because it's the only one your child eats.
    ketchup is made with tomatoes ain't it?

You cling to the high moral ground on toy weapons, while your child chews his toast into the shape of a gun.
    you try to, but for as long as they have a finger, they have a trigger

You can't bear the thought of your son's first girlfriend.
    funny, I discussed this with my daughters the other day, already we don't like my son's girlfriend, he doesn't have one, but already we don't like her

You hate the thought of his wife even more.
    I don't know how to deal with this one

You donate to charities in the hope that your child won't get that disease.
    And I donate to charities relating to the child I lost

You fast-forward through the scene when the hunter shoots Bambi's mother.
    What's wrong with that?

You use your own saliva to clean your child's face.
    And to flatten their hair down

You can't bear to give away baby clothes -- it's so final.
    Their baby clothes always made me emotional

~Beck~

*puts arm around Dede, throws mean look at WT*

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Thanks WT, I needed to laugh!

I have 6 children and six grandchildren, with two on the way. Wanna hear some Ripley's BELIEVE IT OR NOT stories?

My grandson put our black guinea pig, Spooky, in the microwave to dry him. I won't elaborate.

My son filled the fish tank with Dawn. He said it looked dirty. Ever seen a fish blow bubbles while floating upside down?

My grandson got detention for 5 days. Seems he went to school and said something to the effect of..."You're freaking stupid" to the teacher. He's in Headstart. ( I SWEAR I've never said that in my life!!!!)

The same grandson took a big spoon into the back yard, dug up about 25 earthworms, put them in his pocket, then put his pants back in his drawer instead of the washing machine. Three days later we found them. Lots of incense burning in that room!!

My grandaughter, the tomboy, decided since it was raining she'd play inside. She proceeded to swing from the closet clothes bar like a monkey until she pulled it out of the wall.

My grandson found this huge magnet outside in the alley. He thought the colors were so pretty when he rubbed it all over the brand new TV screen!! They're still pretty to this day.

LyinEyes.....where's the Calgon indeed? How about a pool full?

Edited by - Tatiana on 23 October 2002 3:10:34

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

LOL at Beck hehhe..

Actually WT is a a very good MOM sympathizer, he has to be when I hide out in the truck and he ahs to deal with HIS children,,,,,,,,,lol.

He has alot more patience with them than I do.. I guess because mom's are with the kids so much.

My kids fight over who get the tv, who gets to ride in the front of the truck, who gets to listen to THEIR radio, who gets the last of the cake. They fight over who mama loves the most. Who is the smartest, who is the fastest.

They try to outdo each other in theses catogories: who can be the loudest, who can stay up the longest, who can talk the most, who can splash more water on the floor, who can stuff a whole cheeseburger in their mouth first and still talk.........no joke.

I always heard that three kids are harder than having just one, or two, or more. That seems to be so true because someone is always picking the one and they love to take sides.

That is why daddy and mama, go out one night a week to get away from the kids,,,,,,,hehhe, or we would be more insane than we already are.

(((((((( hugs to Beck)))))),,,,,,,,,, I know you still have a whole in your heart for your lost child, I am hoping that there is a heaven, and you can see your baby again. I guess I wouldnt care if there was an afterlife if I didnt have kids. I just never want to say goodbye for good to them, more than I could bare. Wishful thinking about heaven, maybe, but at it is just a hope anyway. I guess we will see.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

(((Dede)))

You're always so supportive. Thank you. I have 3 kids but I always count the fourth.

You make me laugh with all those categories your kids wanna be the best at. Do your kids call you mama?? How gorgeous is that?? That is just so divine, I only ever hear it on the movies, over here we all call our mothers Mum, how ordinary LOL.

I thought only my kids competed like that...my kids are going through a phase at the moment...they think that the slowest to do the dishes does the least, for some reason they hate the thought that one of the other kids is doing less work then they are LOL.

*throws hands in the air* LOL

~Beck~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit