Question and answers for fisherperson regardingy time at bethel

by _Morpheus 323 Replies latest jw experiences

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    This is the wackiest thread I've ever LOVED!
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    I am hurt however, that you have posted, that you view your service, that you believed was to God, with disrespect.

I don't view my service with disrespect. I view it occasionally with regret.

But I can't dwell on it. If I hadn't gone to Bethel, I wouldn't have gotten a view of the organization from that perspective, and my life today could be totally different.

Because of Bethel, I got homesick, then depressed, then angry that I didn't accomplish what I set out to do. (I wanted to stay for 3 years...ended up leaving after 1.) I came home, dejected, discouraged. I saw the hypocrisy among many (not all, mind you) while I was at Bethel. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

Got over it eventually. Moved to a new town. Met my wife.

I think it's very possible that I would still be a true believer if I hadn't gone to Bethel. So, in that respect, I very much am glad that I had the Bethel experience.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Morning Worship

"My ally in whom I trusted, even he who shares my bread, has been utterly false to me."-- Psalms 41:10 JPS

• cappytan
    cappytan
    I just learned from one of his his posts and photo on Flipper post, that he is also an ex-Bethelite.

By any chance do we know each other?

(By the way, I give you a hard time because I'm a douche and a troll like that. It's nothing personal, bud. I probably wouldn't give you such a hard time if your reactions didn't make me giggle.)

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I think it's very possible that I would still be a true believer if I hadn't gone to Bethel.

I understand everything cappy.

• cappytan
    cappytan

So while we're sharing Bethel experiences, here's one.

When I first got to Bethel, I got there on a Friday night. I got up early on Saturday to go to Morning Worship and my roommates both say, "Oh, Saturday Morning Worship isn't required."

I went that day, since I was already dressed and I had no food in my room.

But from that point on, I only attended Saturday Morning Worship occasionally when I happened to be up early.

I would say I probably missed 85-90% of Saturday Morning Worship the next 8-10 months.

Come to find out, like 2 or 3 months before I left Bethel, I was talking to a new boy. He said something about how he wished they didn't have morning worship on Saturdays. I said, "Saturday's not required..." Everyone in the room looked at me and said, "HUH? You're mistaken. Who told you that?"

Boy did I have egg on my face. lol

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Nothing wrong with you cappy.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Does anybody besides me remember Fred Hall?....TD

I Do..

........................................................................Are You Ready ....

..................................................................FOR ARMAGEDDON??!!..

......Image result for If your crazy and you know it shake your meds........Image result for Crazy

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    ".......We are only having a discussion. I am hurt however, that you have posted, that you view your service, that you believed was to God, with disrespect. "
    Now we are getting somewhere! Why does how I view MY service that I believed was to god effect you in anyway? Why do you care? Does it alter how YOU view YOUR service to god...?
    I enjoyed my time there, in its own way. I had plenty of fun and meet people that i still talk to up until this very day. I also learned a lot about hard work and dealing with expectations, just a ton of positive things really. I dont regret my year there but i damn sure knew then and know now it wasnt for me long term. The disrespect and lack of appreciation for my service and efforts was proof enough that they didnt want me.

• DJS
    DJS

Morph,

Fish is simply grasping for something that would appear to give him the moral high ground. He lacks the self control to avoid the keyboard and the humility to acknowledge calling you a liar and violating the site protocols. So he is keenly looking for something, anything, that might reverse the ass kicking he has received. To see the bottom right now Fish would have to look up.

Humility would do it, but he hasn't any of that. Fish, I'm trying to help you but you have to let me. Had you shown humility and managed this OP correctly, you would have owned it after 2 pages. Here we are on page 30 and you are looking sorrier and more pathetic with each of your posts. Help me. Help you.

Desperation talking. Pathetic, really.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit