Question and answers for fisherperson regardingy time at bethel

by _Morpheus 323 Replies latest jw experiences

• recovering
    recovering

I finally found something that Fisherman said that I can agree with. He states " ...I choose what is moral for myself." I think that it is important , that we all be afforded that opportunity . It is important to note that we are not entitled to impose our moral compasses on others. Surely you would have to agree Fisherman, Now Fishermen since we have come to some common ground, I would love to hear your Bethel experiences. I am sure that they would be enlightening, Remembering a time in your life , that you consider wonderful , will surely improve your outlook.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I finally found something that Fisherman said that I can agree with

If you were never a JW,, neither does the WT teach 1914.

When you were a JW, at what time did you wake people up from their sleep with the magazines on their only day off, at 3:00 AM or 4:00 AM ?

Why did you only do the houses with people sleeping on their only day off when everyone else waited till 10:00 AM or later to knock on doors? Was it deliberate or only a coincidence?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If you were never a JW,, neither does the WT teach 1914.

When you were a JW, at what time did you wake people up from their sleep with the magazines on their only day off, at 3:00 AM or 4:00 AM ?

Why did you only do the houses with people sleeping on their only day off when everyone else waited till 10:00 AM or later to knock on doors? Was it deliberate or only a coincidence?.....Fisherman

..............http://41.media.tumblr.com/37644b421e417ae959f05981e48454f5/tumblr_nb1sb9nppC1qahlp4o1_400.jpg

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I was never a FT bethelite, but I temped twice, one for 3 week in Brooklyn (around 1989), the other for 4 weeks in Walkill (95 I think). I loved Walkill, esp. In October.

I was assigned to a crew at Walkill, I think finish carpentry, which I was distinctlu UNqualified for. For a few days, I was assigned to work on the roof of a new residence building. One day during lunch, I stayed on the roof, enjoyed the day, took some great pics.

The next day at Morning Worshit, an Announcement was made that no one was to be on the roof during lunch. LOL. Oops.

One week cabinets were being delivered to the farm from brooklyn. A whole shed full. I was assigned the task of breaking down the shipment so they could be moved to the new building. No direction on HOW. I organized, repalletized by room, labeled them, and let the movers know what order to load and unload. Thankfully, no one contradicted the system. Later I was told it was the smoothest fixture install they had, previous heavies that organized it had no clue how to properly expedite.

I was on a cool crew, they even snuck coffee breaks in. They had a sad 4 cup coffeemaker in their shop. I went into town that evening and bought a new 12 cup maker and a package of GOOD coffee. Next day, snuck in early and set up a pot to brew at break. You would have thought they won the lottery. Only one sister knew I set it up. I never said it was me. I had to have my coffee, and the swill they called coffee at breakfast SUCKED.

I could never have survived FT bethel, and in fact, I sent Sydlyk a letter withdrawing my FT bethel ap after that. I made up some $hit about loving the ministry, blah, blah. Got a nice note back, but reality: I hated bethel overall, twice was enough.

Snakes

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Lol fisherperson.... I just dont know what to say. Outlaw summed it up for me.

Snakes you dodged the bullet! You got enough to get the experiance and learn the lesson. Glad you got the message ;)

• TheListener
    TheListener

I always felt bad for the new boys who would come to bethel and had girlfriends back in their home congregation or gained a girlfriend quickly after coming to bethel and felt stressed out their entire first year obligation and then left as quick as they could. They were miserable most of the time.

And truth is that with all the stress and weird things that go on at bethel it could be a lot of fun. Lots of young guys in a pressured environment meant lots of nerdy rule breaking and trying to get away with stuff. It was a very "us against them" mentality with the younger ones and the heavies. At least that was my experience.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Morning Worshit

Never heard that before. Freaking hilarious!!! So true. So true!

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Outlaw summed it up for me-Morpheus

If you mean: "Incoherent rage'", you are posting your conclusions about me. In a previous post, I informed you and cappy ( I just learned from one of his his posts and photo on Flipper post, that he is also an ex-Bethelite, )that I was/am not angry. We are only having a discussion. I am hurt however, that you have posted, that you view your service, that you believed was to God, with disrespect.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I am hurt however, that you have posted, that you view your service, that you believed was to God, with disrespect.....Fisherman

......................Image result for Nobody cares

• TD
    TD
    Does anybody besides me remember Fred Hall?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit