Yet another batch of "new light"

by caligirl 29 Replies latest jw friends

• caligirl
    caligirl

I was talking to my sister yesterday, who spent the weekend with our still active parents. Over the weekend, they all had dinner with another couple, who were sharing some of the "latest news." I am getting this second hand, but my sister is excellent at remembering exactly what was said. Apparently, someone from Bethel gave a short talk after the service meeting last week in which he revealed some of the "latest" from the annual meeting. Two major points were made: 1) The preaching work will cease before Armageddon begins, and 2) The scripture about 'going into the inner chambers and closing the door' is now "understood" to mean that witnesses will have advanced warning of the beginning of armageddon and will have the chance to hide or some other nonsense like that. My sister sat there stunned, completely understanding how ridiculous this "new light" really was, when you look at what the bible says, while everyone else sat there and nodded in agreement and just ate it up. My thoughts are that when they shut down from having to pay out $$$ for so many lawsuits that they are setting things up so that they can keep people on a short leash beleiving that it is a sign of the end, rather than admit any error or wrongdoing. Just thought I'd share that. I don't usually have any information since my parents avoid the subject with me, but since my sister is single, she still gets an earful whenever they can sneak it in.

• ugg
    ugg

thank you for the information....

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Welcome Caligirl!

BTW are you related in any way to the poster with the handle "caliguy"? Neither of you are from Tasmania are you?

Pope

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Since when is new light introduced at meetings and not District Convention programs? Is that a new light too?

Just wondering

Dragon

• caligirl
    caligirl

No pope, no relation to caliguy. Dragon, I have no idea why a talk like this would be given at a little podunk hall in New England rather than at a convention, but that is what was said. Just as ridiculous no matter where it was said, IMO. Jim, I am in complete agreement that they will try to make any situation seem positive and that they are attempting some serious damage control at this point.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I remember sometimes "special talks" were given, when a person from bethel would be in town. I can see where the information was given, not neccessarily as "new light" but as things talked about at the latest meeting. Either way, it is interesting to see the latest things being taught.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Which scripture with the chamber and door?

• caligirl
    caligirl

Paduan - I don't know where that scripture is... I am not good with those details, but I do have a memory of a scripture that says something like that. I spent years purging my brain of anything remotely religious, and even when I was in, I didn't spend much time trying to remember things like that. Sorry I can't be more detailed. I just wanted to share what I was told, and let anyone who wants to read it take it for what it is worth on an individual basis. I definitely do not qualify as a bible scholar, nor do I want to. I am content to leave the scriptural disections to others.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    Two major points were made: 1) The preaching work will cease before Armageddon begins, and 2) The scripture about 'going into the inner chambers and closing the door' is now "understood" to mean that witnesses will have advanced warning of the beginning of armageddon

old recycled light - same crap they spewed out before 1975

doors would be closed with no more preaching work and we would have to go hide in the mountains (which meant we had warning

absolutely amazing how they can turn out the old stuff and still call it "new"

then again I guess it would al be new since they keep rewriting history and wiping people's memory clean

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

The "mountains" are people like the apostles - it's sad to see what's happened to them.

I was hoping to hear which chamber/door scripture it was - no doubt it's about as sad as the rest of the "new light".

paduan

Edited by - a paduan on 17 October 2002 1:37:33

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit