Yet another batch of "new light"

by caligirl 29 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

I remember a demonstration at circuit assembly in about 1974 that was the exact opposite of this. A bunch of "brothers" are in prison when a new prisoner is brought in. He says that the work has ended so the Big A must be here. The guys already in prison show him from the Bible (I don't remember the details) why the work will continue right up to the end.

Ah..the joys of new light.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Yep, I guess the Society is using the Pedophile Cover-Ups as a SELF-FULFILLING PROPHECY of THE END (of the Watchtower that is).

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Caligirl

Thanks for the update.

Dismembered

• blondie
    blondie

I agree, Lady Lee, I remember that "new light." I have noticed that the WTS waits long enough for the congregation to be mostly people who became JWs in the last 5 to 10 years. Then everything from the 60's and 70's sounds like new light.

I remember it being said that after Babylon the Great was destroyed, that the preaching work would continue but would be a message of destruction not restoration.

I can remember it being said that all of JWs would be rounded up into camps and then all the people outside would be destroyed.

Same old crap.

• Witch Child
    Witch Child

Scares me. My kids spend half their time with their jw dad... sounds like they'll be passing out kool-aid soon.....

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

A Paduan asked, "Which scripture with the chamber and door?"

That would be John 2:1.2, "When using the chamber pot, close the door."

or was it Crapper 3:16??

• Shakita
    Shakita

Announcing with a frantic expression on his face, 'NEW LIGHT, NEW LIGHT", AND "EVERYONE ELSE SAT THERE AND NODDED IN AGREEMENT.", and all those in attendence agreed and the assimilation was complete.

AND, IF AND WHEN they announce the witnessing is complete, and shut the doors of the "ark", I guess Jehovah will then KILL all the remaining billions of people on the earth, including babies, children, men, and women just because they are not JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, I was once one of the assimilated!

"ADVERTISE, ADVERTISE, THE KING AND HIS KINGDOM," and you, too, can share in these wonder events to SOON TO OCCUR!

Mrs. Shakita, who is in a very sarcastic mood today

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Since when is new light introduced at meetings and not District Convention programs? Is that a new light too?

It's not, normally. But it's not unusual for visiting Bethel speakers to spill the beans early on something that's coming out in print within the next few issues of the Watchtower. That's how I found out about the change regarding smoking being a df'ing offense back in 1973.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I was hoping to hear which chamber/door scripture it was - no doubt it's about as sad as the rest of the "new light".

I'm pretty sure the verse we're talking about here is Isaiah 26:20: "Go, my people, enter into your interior rooms, and shut your doors behind you. Hide yourself for but a moment until the denunciation passes over." (NWT)

The Society has been saying for years that they didn't know what that scripture meant, but that they had been waiting for understanding of it, although they did say that they thought the "interior rooms" referred to the congregations.

Edited by - NeonMadman on 17 October 2002 9:47:50

• Francois
    Francois

How are we going to enjoy watching the eyeballs of little babies rotting in the sockets if we have squirrelled ourselves away somewhere in hiding? Same with watching all the birds of prey having a great nosh. Shucks, I thought it was going to be just like the end of "Raiders of the Lost Ark." I mean, as Jehovahs "name people" I thought we were going to be able to stroll through the carnage hip deep in blud and enjoy seeing all the worldly people getting their just preserves or comeuppance or sumpin' like that.

This new light doesn't sound right to me.

However, it is giving me maximum enjoyment to see the WTBTS to sink ever deeper every day further and futher into the hole it's spent a hundred years and more digging for itself.

francois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit