by caligirl 29 Replies latest jw friends

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    seeing all the worldly people getting their just preserves

Strawberry for me, please.

• AvailableLight
    AvailableLight

Caligirl,

I've recently started a Yahoo! group called Fringe JWs. I found your post to be quite an interesting rumor and was wondering if you'd mind if I copied it to the group.

Feel free to join the group if you'd like. The invitation stands for all members of j-w.com as well!

Click to subscribe to fringejws

AL

• benext
    benext

Isn't the harlot going to be turned on by the UN and all false religion destroyed and then Satan with hooks firmly in jaws going to go after Jehovah's people thus signaling the outbreak of the Great Tribulation? I mean if all this is going on I don't think advance warning would be needed.

• AvailableLight
    AvailableLight

benext-

Good point. As a JW I always thought we'd be preaching while all the other false religions were being destroyed by government, giving anyone who would listen a last chance. In the past, I even thought about how foolish a worldly person would have to be not to listen - after all, we had predicted this very turn of events in our publications for decades.

Then, I thought JWs would be the last religion standing and that political organizations like the UN would come after us at which point God would step in to save us (though not without a few JW casualties who'd undoubtedly be shortly resurrected minus the ability to get married and procreate), the preaching work would cease, and the loving massacre of the billions of wicked and ignorant humans would ensue - all simultaneously. For some reason, I always imagined this taking place over the course of a couple of short weeks or even days.

Finally, the few million remaining humans begin their growth towards perfection, spending 1/3 of each day studying with the resurrected, 1/3 of eacy rebuilding and cultivating the earth, and 1/3 of each day carrying out normal human "chores" like eating and especially reproduction.

In retrospect, it all seems so ridiculous.

If the rumor that the preaching work will cease is true, I give this particular new light a thumbs up. At least now the JWs get a break from driving around and doing calls. And given the accuracy of previous end-of-the-world predictions, that break could last for a very long time. Being a JW just got a whole lot easier.

Now if only they'd cut back to 1 or 2 weekly meetings...

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

Oops, don't forget the "Peace & Security" that comes first, before the downfall of false religion. I use to wonder about the "marriage of the Lamb" in heaven with all the annointed (Revelation Climax). No one has a clue whether the ones in heaven participate in the slaughter of armegeddon, or whether some of the "annointed" survive into the New System. I use to imagine that they would all die (by God's hand, like Enoch) before the Great Tribulation, so the "marriage" could take place. The "time table can get soooo confusing".

I just remember when I was a kid, I'd go through spells of waking up in the morning wondering if Armegeddon happened in the night. I use to be fascinated by the picture showing the flood, leaving all the women and children that the angels knocked-up, to die, while they just took off. Nice huh? I could never wrap my head around the idea that God kills babies and children.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Neonmadman:

I'm pretty sure the verse we're talking about here is Isaiah 26:20: "Go, my people, enter into your interior rooms, and shut your doors behind you. Hide yourself for but a moment until the denunciation passes over." (NWT)

The Society has been saying for years that they didn't know what that scripture meant, but that they had been waiting for understanding of it, although they did say that they thought the "interior rooms" referred to the congregations.

My speculation: if this is their "present truth" then this could be used to support the requirement for JWs to live in centralized "compound" -- for their own protection at "Harmageddon" of course -- which would be similar to oh so many other cults which force communal living on their followers.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Tashawaa:

marriage of the Lamb

I was thinking about this recently. I mean, it always is portrayed as so sweet and holy and romantic.

But hey, just think about consummating that marriage: The Heavenly Father "doing the nasty" with The Mother bOrganization.

Does that mean that the Governing Body will end up with a, um, "size 9 poop-chute"?????

Ok, seriously, how is this marriage going to be consummated, and will the video be available at a store near me? I mean, think of the techniques one could learn by watching "the most holy, perfect boinking in the history of the Universe"!!!

• blondie
    blondie

As to the marriage of the Lamb, the WTS has said that all of the anointed will be dead and resurrected to heavenly life before that happens. The problem is deciding when all the "real" or "genuine" anointed are dead. Who is "read"?

• caligirl
    caligirl

Available, please feel free to copy the post to your yahoo group. I will check that out when I get the chance.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Thanks Neon,

And Quotes, could be that they're saving those British building funds for something else. If there weren't so many jws, I reckon they'd be going into the chamber and shutting the door quite soon - with the FBI outside perhaps.

paduan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit