My kid, ten years cancer free.

by BeautifulGarbage 23 Replies latest watchtower medical

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Today my daughter is ten years cancer free. Of course, much of that is owed to the tranfusions of blood products. Products that I did not hesitate to have given to her.

With so much going on in my life (recent death in the family), this board, and just the general rush of life, this very important day nearly got by me. I hesitated to share it here, but I though some positive news would be like a cool afternoon breeze to some here. It's been gutwrenching here the last few days.

When I realized a few weeks ago that this anniversary was coming up I thought I might go on a great angry diatribe against the WTS. It's depraved and convoluted blood doctrine and the loss of life that was, and is, so unnecessary. The thoughts so swirled in my head that the energy of them could punch holes in concrete walls. But, I changed my mind. I just want to reflect on the last ten years. That horrible day ten years ago. It started off with an allegation of child abuse, my child removed from my custody (and anyone that knows my history and how passionate I am about children would understand this was DEVASTATING to me. It is a very long painful story that I just prefer not to share in detail), and her return with a "gee sorry, we were wrong...your kid has cancer (Leukemia)....here ya go Mom! See ya, bye!".

How absolutely grateful I am for all of the wonderful and good things that are happening, and have happened, in those ten years. Oh, many of those days SUCKED, big time. How in the heck did I get through them? I don't know. I just hung on by my fingernails. And we are here. Most importantly, SHE is here. And I am just so god damn grateful.

Andee

Though a few years old, that is one of my favorite pictures of my kid.

• mamashel
    mamashel

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((BG))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))), OMG, that is such good news. How wonderful to still have such a beautiful little child in your life. You are one of the lucky ones. When i was a jw, i always knew if it came down to it I would NEVER refuse blood for one of my children or my hubby. I am so glad you have a happy ending. I could never even try to imagine the pain of someone taking my child away and then coming back with news like that. I am so sorry for what you had to go through.

She now has her whole life ahead of her, and the best part is, she can live it healthy and happy, especially to not be in the org any more.

much love

mamashel

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

OMG, BG, that was a beautiful post and a beautiful mom and daughter.

I have tears in my eyes , knowing just a little how you feel. My son was born 2 months early and before he was born they told us to make plans for a funeral he wouldnt live but a few minute.

Long story , short, he fooled them all. He had 3 yrs of painful surgeries, chronic lung diesese, kidney failure, ear tubes, etc.

All the while I waited for the the doctors to say he would be ok. I was so scared and heartbroken for 3 yrs not knowing if he would live or not. He is 8 now and so far so good, but the doctors always want to keep a check on him , to keep an eye on things.

Thank God your daughter is happy and healthy and I am glad you have some peace of mind.

Celebrate today, and thanks for sharing this, this is what I needed today.

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

Thank you for posting this uplifting notice, Andee. I needed it today. May you and your family enjoy many more healthy decades.

AMNESIAN

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

YAY Andee!!!!!!!

This is wonderful to hear!!!

Many hugs!

XW

• butalbee
    butalbee

((((((((((((Andee)))))))))))

I am sooooooooo happy to here that. Your daughter is such a beautiful little girl.

Thank you for this post, it made me cry tears of joy for you.

Lara

• mouthy
    mouthy

Wonderful news!!! I am sure it has been a rough road- but it looks like your at the end of the tunnel

God bless....

Grace

• Nikita
    Nikita

((((((Andee))))))

Thanks for sharing that awesome story with us-it surely does brighten the place up around here!

Nikita

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

BG, thank you for sharing your wonderful story.

The WTs convoluted blood policy is nothing short of murderous. We rejoice that you did not let yourself be bound by the policy of such unloving "brothers."

For the AJWRB,

Warm regards,

Sam

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

((((((((Andee)))))))) and ((((((daughter))))))))

It is great to hear such wonderful acconts where modern medicine does make a difference. A life-saving difference.

Enjoy your family.

hugs,

j2bf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit