Would You Now Feel Uncomfortable Taking Blood?

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Swan
    Swan

YES! I would still feel uncomfortable based on the fact that that's how I was raised, but if a doctor told me I needed it, I would trust medical science and do it anyway. There are lots of medical treatments I feel similarly about, but the doctor's advice has much more weight with me than my own squeemishness. I would also feel uncomfortable having a tube stuck down my throat, but I would do it if the doctor thought that was best too. Better than the alternative.

Tammy

• allison
    allison

Have you ever heard about anyone getting infertility treatment? I would think that "Be fruitful and multiply" would make Jehovah's Witnesses want to get straightened out so that they could have children. It just doesn't make sense to me. Is it about the eating blood business?

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    Artificial insemination: Not acceptable to JW's...they consider it equivalent to fornication/adultery

I can't believe I didn't know this! Anyone have a source for this?

And does this mean ANY artifical insemination? Even if it were with your own husband's sperm?

-LisaBObeesa

• onacruse
    onacruse

allison, you have many questions! Have you checked out our chat room, at the top of the page? You could IM us with your questions...less cumbersome than post-by-post.

Also, have you had a chance to peruse the board? There are all kinds of subjects that have been discussed at great length...you can use the "search" button, right below the logo.

Stick around, this forum is great!

Craig

• minimus
    minimus

If I recall, the reason for the Question From readers was because a husband was unable to procreate. So I'm not sure if the issue was ever addressed.

• onacruse
    onacruse

lisaBObeesa, sorry, I should have been more specific...I was referring to artifical insemination with a non-husband's sperm, or a non-wife's egg.

I can't quote a source (still waiting for my replacement WT CD)...perhaps others can provide?

LOL...sorry, minimus, for hijacking your thread!

Craig

• seven006
    seven006

Craig,

You have come a long way baby. You are so different from the guy I met on the phone several months back. I told you that you would eventually come around to my way of thinking. That's because I was right and you were wrong. Your also too damn tall. There is nothing I can do about that right now but I'm working on it. Are you up for that game of pool yet?

BTW, what's this shit I hear about you being in love? DO I need to walk up the street and smack you up side your head again?

Dave

PS: Oh ya, the thread topic....no problem, fill me up with extra thick!

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

When I went in for open heart surgery last month I told the doctors that I would accept blood products if necessary. I made it clear that my religion was no longer "Jehovah's Witness" as they had on record, and that my wife was one of Jehovah's Witnesses, but I wanted to sign the paperwork saying that I would accept blood products. They assured me that they'd use cell-salvaging equipment (but they did prime it with blood not my own). When I woke up in ICU they were administering plasma/albumin. I didn't need red cells -- the operation went smoothly.

• Nikita
    Nikita

Like Swan, I would be nervous, but if that is what my doctors said would save my life, I'd do it. I am also registered as an organ donor.

My MIL recently went through Triple Bypass and nearly died as a result of blood clots-oddly enough she was the very rare person that has an allergy to Heparin which caused her to have multiple blood clots one of them bouncing around in the chambers of her heart (something like that) anyways she definetely needed transfusions. The alternative blood thinner they used was a new one made from the spit of leeches!

You know, I got to thinking who the heck knows all that we human's ingest whether it be through food, drink, vaccines or cute little pills?!

Leslie

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

2.5 yrs before we stopped meetings our first child was born. The doc said she was quite sick. Hubby and me didn't know what the problem was but having seen her and finding her quite agreeable we decided if they said she needed blood, she'd get it. We flunked the blood test!

Marilyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit