Would You Now Feel Uncomfortable Taking Blood?

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Hey Beck,

You are so right with the STD's. I mean, how can they check for EVERYTHING when blood is donated? I've often wondered that. Also, the fact that Aids does not show up for such a long period of time. How would a person know if they were infected when they give blood?

But, I guess that goes for organs as well. Oh, well. I can only be responsible for so much. LoL

Karen

• email
    email

I agree with Beck and Bittersweet

I would have to say that I would only accept blood if it was life or death situation

<email>

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Same here email, in fact CC is giving blood at his company today and I think that's pretty cool!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

When I became JW, I just accepted the blood issue as part of the JW package. I was very naive at the time, I didn't know that many JWs have died over the issue. Chapter 9 of ISOCF shows how patently ridiculous it all is.

However, I am glad that there are many alternatives to blood transfusions, and I hope that someday there will no longer be any need at all for them, as they are risky. If I ever had to go in for major surgery I would *strongly* admonish the surgeon to do his best to prevent the need for a transfusion.

• Swan
    Swan

Scully quotes the WTBTS:

What about gestational surrogacy? This too defiles the marriage bed. True, the fertilized egg would be a union of the husband and his wife, but it is thereafter placed in the womb of another woman and, in fact, makes her pregnant. This pregnancy is not the result of sexual relations between the surrogate woman and her own husband. Thus, her reproductive organs are now being used by someone other than her own mate. This is inconsistent with the Bible's moral principles that a woman bear a child for her own husband. (Compare Deuteronomy 23:2.)
    Wait a second. What about this account that WTBTS conveniently forgets to mention?
    Now Sarai, Abram's wife, had borne him no children. And she had an Egyptian maidservant whose name was Hagar. So Sarai said to Abram, "See now the LORD has restrained me from bearing children. Please, go in to my maid; perhaps I shall gain children by her." And Abram heeded the voice of Sarai. Then Sarai, Abram's wife, took Hagar her maid, the Egyptian, and gave her to her husband Abram to be his wife, after Abram had dwelt ten years in the land of Canaan. So he went into Hagar and she conceived. (Genesis 16:1-4)

And what did God say to Abram about Ishmael, the child born to him through Hagar?

"And as for Ishmael, I have heard you. Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly. He shall beget twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation." (Genesis 17:20)

OK. So is the WTBTS saying that Abram, Hagar, and God are being "inconsistent with the Bible's moral principles that a woman bear a child for her own husband?"

Confusing! It sounds like this is another one of those Watchtower policies hastily arrived at (like the oral and anal sex policy) without really considering all of the issues.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit