News From Circuit Assembly

by Searchin50 38 Replies latest jw friends

• abbagail
    abbagail
    Looks like the next generation of JW leaders are getting ready for the demise of the 'slave class' , I wonder what class the old farts will be replaced with?

The "Corporate" Class.

-----------

Thanks Searchin50 for the heads up. I agree with everyone else's interpretation that this is just a "BIG scare tactic" to keep their minds ON meetings/service/loyalty to the org, etc. and OFF the internet/silentlambs/other revelations of scandals, etc. And, as was stated, to "prepare" the minds of the faithful for the next "switch" in doctrine a/k/a newer light.

Thanks Elsewhere and Blondie for the scriptures and WT reference material posted.

Grits

• gumby
    gumby

So, when is the assembly date for the west? California? Anyone know?

• gumby
    gumby

Yeru, Hey, if we can confirm this MATT 24 issue that would be a significant doctrinal change. INTERESTING!

Actually the WT has gone back and forth on this one, like the flip flop idea of the people of Sodom& Gomorah and will they be resurected.

They once believed all annointed would be dead before Armaggedon, then alive, then dead, then alive. So really I don't believe it's new. However what could be New Light is....."when will the door be shut"? It has been believed in the past half dozen years, a heartchange may occur and people like us could .....get in at the last minute......"no door closed"

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Public Talk sunday and i quote"

The governmemt is going to turn on religion any MINUTE there will be no

warning, it will be just like 9-11 there was no warning there when they took

down the world trade center. The government will start burning churches,

then it will be to late when this happens, just like when Noah entered the Ark

and God closed the door.

Same old worn out BS. Never!

Dismembered

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

The government will start burning churches,

I wonder how the government would feel if they knew Watchtower is making slanderous statements about them?

• gumby
    gumby

Roarer...The government will start burning churches,

I wonder how the government would feel if they knew Watchtower is making slanderous statements about them?

Well let's just hope this comes out in PRINT in a future Watchtower article and then see if we can't inform them about it. Good idea. Sounds like SEDITION to me.

• benext
    benext

Well there is a lot of time to fill between the opening song and prayer and the closing song and prayer. The DO will say anything Sunday afternoon in his closing talk to wake everybody up that fell asleep during his public talk.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    On Thursday, July 10, 1969, at the "Peace on Earth" International Assembly in New York City, F. W. Franz, then vice president of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, gave an electrifying talk.

I was there. Trust me, it wasn't electrifying, just typically boring assembly stuff. Well, except that Freddy would get real loud every now and then so you couldn't sleep through it. As I recall, he went about 40 minutes overtime, too.

This business about the governments turning on religion isn't new light. It's the same old crap they've been pushing for 50 or 60 years. It's always going to happen "any day now".

But new light on the "disgusting thing that causes desolation" is almost inevitable. They've so clearly cozied up to the "wild beast" that they're being virtually forced into a doctrinal change so they can say, "see, we didn't do anything wrong after all". Very convenient to be able to change the rules retroactively, isn't it?

• SYN
    SYN

You describe old Freddy's talk in such a cool way NeonMadman!

Never in all my (enormous number of) days as a Dub was I priviledged to see an "electrifying" Assembly talk. In fact, the only thing that was mildly "electrifying" about any Assembly or Convention was the last talk, you know the one that always goes about five minutes overtime, and that was only "electrifying" because your legs had fallen asleep and you fell over when you stood up for the last song!

One day I'm gonna sue the Society for the damage done to my ASS by all those weekends of SITTING ON IT!!!!!! RAR!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit