Am I damaging the silentlambs cause?

by Simon 102 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

One of the few unfounded (I think) accusations that have been thrown at me by certain people is that I have caused 'untold damage' to the silentambs cause.

I don't know quite what this is supposed to mean or what I'm suppoed to have done or whether it is anything more than just 'mud' flung by people who find it easier to criticise rather than actually do anything.

Over the last year (is it?) I've been happy to promote the Silentlambs cause and have hosted links to bills site and vidoes / sound files of TV programmes, radio reports, photo's of the march etc... as well as providing a place for people to meet and arrange things. I hope it has been useful and helpful to at least some people.

If I have inadventantly held things up in some way then I unreservedly and wholeheartedly apologise.

All I can say is, I do my best and may not always get things right. Please tell me if I get it wrong.

- Simon

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

I think I know where those insults come from Simon - I believe them to be pure BULL!!!! Made up by someone who seems to be incredibly arrogant & self-absorbed.

I think you have done as much for this cause as anyone (except the courageous ones who have spoken out such as at the March).

I think there are some who like to throw insults just to throw insults, so piss on um!!! Let um take their potshots Simon - they can't hold a candle to your pinky toe.

• LB
    LB

I'm curious to see how you or your website has damaged Silent Lambs?

• Satanus
    Satanus

I see no basis whatsoever for that charge. I think that your board had been a huge validating factor for victims. It has been the main base, secondary to the silent lambs site, which was used to organise action on the abuse issue.

SS

• Gopher
    Gopher

This site has been a valuable and vital link to updated silent lambs information for many readers. I think the fact that Bill Bowen posts copies of SL announcements and news releases on this site speaks very well for the value he places on this site.

It was through this site that I met a silentlamb from Minnesota (in the USA), and as a result she was able to hook up with a support group at a local apostofest. That wouldn't have happened without this site.

Anyone who makes general accusations about "untold damage" better TELL what the damage is, or his/her credibility is completely shot.

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Do what you think is right, and do not worry what others think or say. We all did that to much in the Kingdom Hall, enough for ten life times.

My thought

Dragon

Edited by - kenpodragon on 3 October 2002 17:11:53

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Simon asks:

Am I damaging the silentlambs cause?

Answer: A resounding NO.

You think it is an unfounded accusation, and rightly so. I speak with confidence that the majority will agree.

This website which YOU pay for is directly responsible for thousands of individuals to have the opportunity to learn more information about the Jehovah's Witness organization which shows damning evidence that verifies they are a false religion and corrupt corporation.

If anything, you are AIDING the silentlambs cause, by providing direct links and banners on your website to encourage others who frequent here to visit the silentlambs site by simply clicking their mouse.

Bless you Simon, for all you have done.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Damaged Silent Lambs Cause!!

What a crock. There are and always be a few who will whine about or degrade what ever you do.

I see nothing wrong with your site and the way you manage it. Ignore the trouble makers.

I am disturbed that you have never confirmed what a brilliant and knowledgeable guy I am.

Other than that every thing is fine.

Outoftheorg

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

nope

silentlambs

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Simon:

One cause you have done untold damage to is SilenceJans....lol

Expatbrit

Share this