by Swan 37 Replies latest social entertainment

• Swan
    Swan

Today is a lazy rainy Sunday here. So I splurged and watched the first 6 episodes of last season's 24. Costco had the whole first season on DVD for only $39.99 the other day, so I got it. That seems to me to be a bargain compared to some of the other shows on sale. (Honestly, I love Star Trek Next Gen, but $89.99 for one season is ridiculous.)

I love that show. I had missed the first 6 episodes and only caught part of the fourth episode. But that and episode 7 was enough to hook me for the rest of the year.

I only have 30 more days to wait for the first episode of the new season. I can hardly wait. You can always expect the unexpected on that show. It's quite a ride. I don't know how they can top last year though, but I'm sure they'll think of something!

Are there any more 24 fans out there? It sure beats going to the Ministry School/Service Meeting on Tuesday nights, doesn't it!

• Mulan
    Mulan

Me, me, me!! I loved it.

The Bakers (Venice's family) got me hooked when we were with them in Florida earlier this year.

• onacruse
    onacruse

LOL.....I love Star Trek so bad that I watch reruns of the old series (I've watched them dozens of times) and mouth the words of the actors! Hate Janeway, though...too much like an elder (if she was male, that is ).

TNG is the BEST!!

BTW, what is "24"?

<<Craig flies away in a shuttle craft>>

• saltiest
    saltiest

I just saw a preview for the episode in October....augh! I hate it when they make us wait so long. Huge 24 fan here. We lucked out and caught the first episode by accident and have been hooked since.

Alicia

• Swan
    Swan

Onacruse,

24 is a great new Fox series that started last year. It's on Tuesday night at 9:00. Every week you see just one hour of a 24 hour day. For example, the first episode is of the events that happened between midnight and 1:00 AM, the second episode for the events from 1:00 AM to 2:00 AM, and so on. It is filmed so that events appear to be happening in real time as the day unfolds. Kiefer Sutherlin stars as special agent Jack Bauer, the head of the CTU (Counter Terrorist Unit) office in LA. It is full of twists, turns, surprises, and cliffhangers as Jack and his team race to uncover the terrorist plot. Highly innovative concept and good writing. I highly recommend it.

Tammy

• Mulan
    Mulan

I just wish they hadn't killed off his pregnant wife, Terry. Although I understand there is a version available on DVD, where she doesn't die.

The new season kicks off six months after Terry's death, and Jack and his daughter are estranged and David Palmer is the President. I loved it when he booted out his bitch wife.

(I got all that info from the TV Guide)

• onacruse
    onacruse

Tuesday @ 9:00 pm? No WONDER I missed it, just half-way through the Ministry School by then!

Special agents, terrorists, death...not R-rated is it?

It is???

Good, then I'll watch it!!

Craig

• LB
    LB

Yes I love 24. I'm anxious for Kifer's daughter to run around with a torn blouse for the next 24 weeks too. Can't wait.

• Swan
    Swan

Oh LB!

I should have known that would be the part you liked the best!

I'm anxious for Kifer's daughter to run around with a torn blouse for the next 24 weeks too. Can't wait.

I imagined she was cold that morning, but then when she had a chance to change clothes, she put on something just as revealing. Does the director know you personally and that you are a fan?

Tammy

• Swan
    Swan

Onacruse,

The first episode of the season premieres on October 29. Ford is picking up the tab this year to show the first episode in real time without commercial interruption. Very cool!

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit