by Swan 37 Replies latest social entertainment

• Swan
    Swan

Mulan,

I wouldn't be surprised if she is involved in this season's story as well.

David Palmer is the President. I loved it when he booted out his bitch wife.

I'm also glad he sent Patti packing!

I also saw that Nina and George Mason got married in real life. With a boss like George Mason, does Jack need any enemies?

Tammy

• Simon
    Simon

Why bother buying StarTrek ... it's on some channel all the time ...

I never got into 24 because I missed so many but the odd one I did see looked good. I didn't like the 'back to the Seventies' split screen stuff though.

I've just ordered Fawlty Towers on DVD and 'The Office' which is so funny ... it's done like a spoof documentary:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/theoffice/

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

I enjoyed 24 but thought Dennis Hopper deserved an award for the worst Russian accent ever!

• Swan
    Swan

Derek,

It wasn't very good for an accent, but I was willing to overlook that. My only major criticism was when Terri went blank after the car accident. Temporary amnesia can occur during times of extreme stress, so I hear, but I think this was a very lame plot device to resort to in a show of this caliber. Hopefully they have used this television cliche just this once and have gotten it out of their system. Other plot devices that have become lame cliches that they definately need to stay away from are: the evil twin, the brainwashed good-guy turned into programmed killer, the psychic premonition, and the bomb that is defused by cutting the correctly colored wire just 3 seconds before detonation.

Tammy

• Swan
    Swan

Simon!

You just mentioned my favorit Britcom ever (next to Monty Python, that is). I love Fawlty Towers. I have it on tape, but it is definitely on my DVD wish list.

As for The Office, we don't have it over here yet as far as I know. Give it another year and we should get and Americanized copy of it. We always copy your best comedies and show them over here in a inferior form. They are afraid we Americans won't understand British humor, but then fail to explain why so many Americans still watch Monty Python and other shows on BBC America.

Tammy

• Swan
    Swan

Well, I just watched the season finale last night and all I can say is Wow! I sure didn't see that one coming! That's what is so great about this show. You never know what to expect.

Tammy

• mustang
    mustang

TO BE CONTINUED

However, CONTINUED NEXT SEASON really aces the first one out

Mustang

• mustang
    mustang

"Every week you see just one hour of a 24 hour day. For example, the first episode is of the events that happened between midnight and 1:00 AM, the second episode for the events from 1:00 AM to 2:00 AM, and so on. It is filmed so that events appear to be happening in real time as the day unfolds. "

And that "clock music" is a real attention getter!!!

Chirp!!! CLUNK!!!....pause....Chirp!!!! CLUNK!!!!....pause

They did so nay "cliffhangers" this time to get to stopping the bombers and averting the war, that you didn't think he could possibly do the miracle recovery. Well, Hollywood comes through in the nick of time!!!

Mustang

• mustang
    mustang

"Every week you see just one hour of a 24 hour day. For example, the first episode is of the events that happened between midnight and 1:00 AM, the second episode for the events from 1:00 AM to 2:00 AM, and so on. It is filmed so that events appear to be happening in real time as the day unfolds. "

And that "clock music" is a real attention getter!!!

Chirp!!! CLUNK!!!....pause....Chirp!!!! CLUNK!!!!....pause

They did so many "cliffhangers" this time to get to stopping the bombers and averting the war, that you didn't think he could possibly do the miracle recovery. Well, Hollywood comes through in the nick of time!!!

Mustang

• Joker10
    Joker10

BEST SHOW ON TV!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit