Sex Scandal in Montana

by silentlambs 48 Replies latest jw friends

• og
    og

Well then, apology withdrawn. Sorry for the misunderstanding about the misunderstanding. Now that I understand your point in that post, I can only say that I disagree with it and that I stick by my comments to date.

• og
    og

BTW, you really shouldn't refer to your wife as "an inflamatory and hackneyed old prune"!

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

You know, this is really the society's fault. Every year they spell out the rules for the assembly in the KM - you know, no saving seats, make sure to tip, don't pee in the pool, etc.

But not once, have I ever seen the KM specifically say "No orgies". I, like these elders, have always assumed that that if the society didn't want any orgies during the assemblies, they would have said something.

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

(rolling eyes)

It involves more than ten elders in a motel room at the District Convention this summer and 14-16 year old girls. My information source says there is more to come with possible charges being filed, but key JW's work for social services there and are involved in the investigation

. There is enough detail stated here from Bill's "information source" that I would think he could follow that source to see how true it was.

I can't believe Bill is that big of a sucker to take the bate on this one and post something like this on the net. I think it does hurt his credibility.

Hey I just heard that a Bethelite walked into a GB board meeting and they were all having a gay sex orgy. One of the GB members were yelling out... show me new light... show me new light. My information source says there is more to come.....

• Eric
    Eric

og,

Respectful disagreement is fine. Good, in fact. Sometimes great, even.

BUT THIS:

BTW, you really shouldn't refer to your wife as "an inflamatory and hackneyed old prune"!

IS THE UTTER LIMIT of a well-placed one-liner!

Thanks for a good belly laugh.

I'll close this discussion by saying it's not so hard for me to imagine underage JW kids in their teens with elders in a hotel room. We just don't know the outcome of this event.

I personally had a similar experience on a JW ski trip where we underage JW teens were in various hotel rooms with a JW MS as our "chaperone". We got him so pissed that we could party "unchaperoned" while he was either so fogged, passed out or sick and remorseful, we did whatever we wanted.

Those were the days.

Eric

• og
    og

Thanks Eric. Something tells me we would probably enjoy drinking beer together.

Peace, og.

• amac
    amac

No matter how good Bill's intentions were in posting this thread, it is in poor taste and will hopefully be reconsidered next time. As others have pointed out, even if his intentions are good, this is one way to start urban myths, rumours, etc. There are quite a few people at the beginning of this thread who seem to have bitten into this and no doubt will repeat it. Even if they repeat it as an unverifiable rumour it will eventually turn into "fact." That's a shame.

• waiting
    waiting

A "wait and see" attitude for facts before coming to conclusions isn't a bad motto.....particularily when none of us have any information to add to Bill's request.

lol - *waiting*

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Well......I don't think Bill did anything "wrong", and I certainly could see this happening. However, we do need to keep a level head AND for the sake of the girls, we do need to investigate. I don't know if Bill believes this to be true or not, but how do you investigate? You ask questions. He plainly stated he was looking for information, which is exactly what he should be doing. As long as he hasn't run to the press with it, he's done the right thing. We don't have a "Secret" society here, and unfortunately information and request for information has to be in public. On one hand it helps but in most cases it hurts, I'm sad to say.The Watchtower has an edge here, and everywhere. They're hiding behind a 150+ year wall of deceit, which makes our jobs even more difficult. However, we have the truth on our side, and we must seek out as much truth as we can if we ever intend on helping the Lambs. I think some people are missing the point of the silentlambs organization. It's not here to defraud and deceive, it's here to help the innocent.....Those harmed in the past and to save others from the harm of the future. The silentlambs cause is "targeted", for the most part towards one organization, but its intent is not to destroy that organization just for being who they are, or for any reason. I certainly am not a spokesperson for silentlambs, but these are the what I gather the goals of the organization:

1. Support for the Silent Lambs

2. Promote Public knowledge on Watchtower Policy

3. Change the views/policies of the Watchtower

4. Investigate possible abuse (if for no other reason, to help the other 3 issues)

Like I said, I am not a spokesperson for silentlambs, and of course it's a bit more complicated than I've stated here, but the point I'm trying to make is that this isn't (or shouldn't be) a movement to destroy an entire religion. I think worlds are colliding (George/Seinfeld) on this board - So many people have so many agendas and they're becoming intertwined. Some want the destruction of the Watchtower at any expense, some don't wish for them to be destroyed at all, some want to see change and some don't care at all and just need a place to heal for whatever reason. I think we need to keep in mind the agenda of Bill and the silentlambs when we read these posts. Bill has a job to do, point blank. He's taken on quite a bit, he has alot on his plate, and he could use the help of all of us. But it seems like he gets dogged when he tries. He may not always be right, and I'm sure he even appreciates some constructive criticism. But the way I look at it, if we're not helping the cause, and helping the lambs, then we should be careful what we say. I personally think that for Bill's sake he should appoint a Board of Directors, and he should have an attorney because this is a sticky situation and the first chance the Watchtower gets, they'll be all over him.

One thing I've noticed as well. When someone makes a statement or comment, or even asks a questions, board members jump all over it as it's fact. Whether it is or not, Bill never made that statement. What happens here is, one person asks a question, investigating a possible abuse situation, and then some view it as fact, others view it as false, and then everyone argues about it instead of trying to find the truth of the matter. So, if we put all our argumentative energy into finding the truth, we might just be able to either end the discussion, or expand on the issue and do some real good here (if it's true).

Has anyone contacted the District Attorney's office? Has anyone done any investigating at all?

Might be a good place to start

• abbagail
    abbagail
    he [Bill] has alot on his plate, and he could use the help of all of us. ... But the way I look at it, if we're not helping the cause, and helping the lambs, then we should be careful what we say.

I couldn't agree more, and have been saying the same thing over at the Silentlambs Guestbook. You think it's bad here. It's MILD compared to over there. Rather than HELPING, they just keep ridiculing, complaining, criticizing, etc.

So, if we put all our argumentative energy into finding the truth, we might just be able to either end the discussion, or expand on the issue and do some real good here (if it's true). Has anyone contacted the District Attorney's office? Has anyone done any investigating at all?

I have to say, No, I haven't. Since I dug up all the phone numbers, I was HOPING someone else would do the calling and inquiring. (Not you Rev, since we already know you've got a job.) Elsewhere offered to do it on the previous page. But if he/she hasn't, it would be my pleasure to nominate PorkChop, Amac, Hillbilly, Og, and Ring to get on the horn and start calling either the newspaper out there (link on previous page), or the phone #'s provided, or the Public Records link provided on the previous page, etc. Hopefully, this will help take their mind off immediate-disbelief-mode and maybe help answer Bill's query that he heard there "MAY BE" a major scandal...

BTW, I thought Rev's 1-2-3-4 description of the purpose of Silentlambs was right on the money.

Grits

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit