Sex Scandal in Montana

by silentlambs 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

I'm glad someone else is skeptical about this. It's interesting to see how many people are ready to jump on the band wagon no matter how rickety it is.

I'll publicly eat my hat if this is true.

• jack2
    jack2

Yeah, PC and og, I agree.....better get some real confirmation before commenting on this one.

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Oh my gawd Bill! That is unbelieveable! Please keep us posted on what you find out, k?

Tink =:o)

• TTBoy
    TTBoy

Im sorry, I disagree with og. Bill made no accusations. He is mearly looking for information from a tip and using his best means (the internet) possible to see if this is true or not.

GRITS gave the best response because he provided helpfull information that would lead to the validity or falseification of what Bill posted.

Like Bill is a troll or something, sheeze!

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

I find it very disapointing that people are turning a blind eye to this issue. My siblins refuse to believe that there is any truth to the Silentlamb cause. Sad but true. I guess some people would rather live in stupidity than face the facts.

Bill keep up the good work!

• mouthy
    mouthy

I personally find this hard to believe. So lets wait & see- No more has been heard about it. Sometimes I think some JWs throw us a bone- & hopes we get caught with it.

I still believe "most" Jws are decent folk..

• Eric
    Eric

og,

So if Bill were to ask a general question about rumours in Billings Montana, he might get a response like the one he is asking for confirmation of, correct?

His request for information does not speak of gullibility or an over eagerness to see anything, it speaks of his wish for corroboration.

I'm disappointed you resorted to asking the deeply vacant question about beating my wife, you had a good rep as a questioner of rumour going there for a while.

Eric

• og
    og

First of all, I have never called Bill a troll and do not believe that he is one. The suggestion is offensive.

Second, Eric, the question about your wife was intended as a reference to a classic example of a leading question. I had assumed you would catch the allusion, but perhaps it has greater currency in America than in Canada. I apologize for my clumsiness. I certainly have no reason to believe that you mistreat your wife, or even that you have one.

But your response makes my point nicely: the question Bill asked was also specific and misleading, likely to offend, and needlessly damages his reputation. A general question could have been answered directly to Bill. Or at least he would not have been the one spreading dubious details.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

og you are so right. I fully support about 98% of what Bill Bowen says and does, but some things make him look less than credible. This is one of those things.

I tell you what, if this is true I'll go further than eating my hat. I'll urinate on Ted J's shoes in public. How's that for an offer?

Anyone got any evidence?

I bet you could sell pictures of the event! If I sell any pictures I'll contribute every dime to the Silent Lambs effort.

• Eric
    Eric

og,

Of course I recognized the allusion. However far from seeing it as a supporting reference in this discussion, I felt you were needlessly dragging out an inflamatory and hackneyed old prune. I took no personal offense whatsoever, I recognized it for what it was.

So while we can continue to disagree over whether Bill's post was a simple request for corroboration, or an uncharacteristic, credibility damaging bout of rumour mongering, I will say this:

With the lapse of days since his initial post, Bill should return to this thread, or post again separately when he has satisfied himself, and state that he believes the info was either false, planted, the result of misunderstanding or corroborated or partly corroborated and undergoing further investigation.

He really should not just let it hang.

Eric

Edited by - Eric on 25 September 2002 16:48:18

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit