Who Makes the BEST Donut (Doughnut)?

by Funchback 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

: My vote goes to Krispy Kreme because they make one delicious glazed donut/doughnut!

Get with it, bubba. The hot topic of-the-day is pizza toppings. Ex-Jws on this forum like to deal with the really relevant and "hot" topics, and your topic is off-topic. It's about pizza, boobs, and or just to crow about things they like to crow about.

I'm not sure which thing is better: helping people or just blabbering. I'm pretty sure that "pizza toppings" topics never helped anyone leave that destructive cult which kills people and destroys families. I've been wrong before. Maybe "doughnuts" and "pizza toppings" is better as a combined thing to wake the WTS up. Maybe not.

Ex-Cultist to local reporter: "I was SAVED from that Cult by a person who told me about doughnuts and the other person who recommended the good pizza toppings."

Local Reporter to Ex-Cultist: "You are a total idiot, and I won't write ANY story about your idiocy."

Some Local Board Folks: "That's not our job, man. That may be your job, but that's not our job."

Me: "That IS my job, man. Disagree if you will, but that IS My job. Man."

So we all play the way we play and we let each other be and each other's motives be.

I don't have all the answers. Students like me never do.

Farkel

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

However, there is a place in this world for the greatness of the doughnut.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I am a very picky donut person and Krispy Kreme is just new to Ontario last yr. The first one is too far from us but did hear they were putting one in the town of Richmond Hill which is not to far from us so next time I go to Toronto I go through that town and try one, they say they are real good donuts. Because donuts are sweet I always drink black coffee. Yum yum.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I don't understand what all the fuss is over Krispy Cream except that Elvis liked them.

I think they are good but no way the best I've ever had. They're tooo sweet for one thing kinda greesy, and way too small. They're the size of 1/2 a normal dougnut, flat and twice the price.

Best dougnut I had was a pinapple coconut doughnut and it had real bits of pinapple in it. AWSOME doughnut!.

oops thats with a K

Edited by - plmkrzy on 21 September 2002 10:49:2

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Funchback,

I'm from Frederick, Maryland. It was a custom that I grew up with in that area. All the local donut shops would have them. (I've heard that it might be in PA as well, I don't know for sure.)

It is a serious event, and if you happen to arrive on January 31st, or March 1st, you will have missed out!

These are sweet yeast donuts, with a white powder topping. They melt in your mouth. Krispy Cream does not even come close, and any other time, I love Krispy Creams.

I made a special trip to Frederick in February to go to the donut shoppe where I had always gotten them before. I was shocked to find that the shoppe had gone out of business/and or relocated elsewhere. I could not find the place, and was VERY disappointed. Now I have to wait until February comes again, and see if I can locate them.

Sentinel/Karen

• WTLies
    WTLies

Dunkin' Donuts are the best by far.

One question though, why are glazed donuts in the box at the supermarket always wet? I hate that. Glazed is my favorite donut but I can only get them from the bakery or a donut shop and never from the market because of that problem. What is it donut condensation? lol

William

• Xena
    Xena

Forget donuts give me BEIGETS any day!

Cafe' du Monde RULES!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit