Who Makes the BEST Donut (Doughnut)?

by Funchback 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Crystal
    Crystal

The Partially True History of the Doughnut

Many historians died to get this information on the web. Use this knowledge with great care.

In the days when fried cakes ruled the earth, life was harsh.

It was then a young lad by the name of Hanson Gregory stepped onto the scene. The year was 1847. Seventy years had passed since the United Stated fought Britain for independence.
    The American Civil War was still several years away. Without any local wars to fight, Americans had little to do. Hanson's mother was a dedicated cake maker living on the cutting edge of pastry technology. Day in and day out she fried cakes with relentless passion. Sometimes though, even her fried cakes were doughy in the center. To conceal this, she began placing walnuts and hazelnuts in the center of the fried cakes, but this left little Hanson feeling very sad because the only thing he hated more than a doughy center were walnuts and hazelnuts on doughy centers.

One night while Hanson was sleeping, an angel appeared to him. The angel was holding a giant plate of fried cakes still dripping with hot oil. "Hanson," said the angel, "You must end the suffering of your people. Reveal the true nature of these fried cakes. Also, try one of the glazed.. they're quite tasty." The angel left, but the plate of fried cakes remained. Upon closer inspection, Hanson was shocked to discover that the fried cakes were hole-y. He ran into the streets shouting about his experience with the angel and giving these glorious pastries to the townspeople. Everyone agreed they were the best fried cakes ever. The people sang and danced for many days then had Hanson burned at the stake for being a witch.

• Funchback
    Funchback

Cool stuff, Crystal.

Now, who do you say makes the BEST donut?

• Fatal Error
    Fatal Error

The person who sold me my last doughnut

• Francois
    Francois

I was shocked, SHOCKED, to see someone diss Dunkin' Donuts. They be my favoritest donut. Especially the old fashioned, creamed filled, and plain ones. I have also been known to eat anything they had left when I got there too late.

The coffee is excellent. Better than Starbuck's, of which I have never consumed none, um, any. I don't get off on fancy-pants coffee chains that charge ten prices for one cuppa coffee. Screw 'em.

francois

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Southern Maid Donuts, for sure! Yum!

Nina

• heathen
    heathen

I love those chocolate covered ones you find at the grocery store ,don't know who make em but yummy

• Faraon
    Faraon

Most people at work like Krispy Kream's. I find them too sugary.

I prefer to eat Mexican bread with Mexican chocolate (Ibarra is my favorite brand). They are not too sugary and the variety is tremendous.

As of coffee, I find White Hen's to be the best and not as expensive as Starbucks.

• Simon
    Simon

I must admit, I am partial to a Tim Horton's when we're in Canada.

Dylan (3) thinks it's hillarious that dad buys a box of donuts and giggles "dad homer" (he loves the Simpson's)

Oh ... and the box is not all for me BTW

• Crystal
    Crystal

Dunkin Donut...must be the best...all the police hangout there!!

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

We lived in a small country town that had a little donut shop that made the best donut's I have ever had. As far as chain donut shops go, Bess Eaton Donuts beat Dunkin Donuts by far. Bess Eaton was a chain up in the north east BTW.

CC

When I first saw this post, I said not many people will respond to that,

Wrong again...LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit