Does God still exist for you?

by nakedmvistar 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

Hello all!

I'm quite new to this forum (only a handful of posts). But from what i've read up to now, It seems apparent that some of you have abandoned your belief in a God. Is this because of trauma brought about by the JW religion? And if you still hold to an existence of a Creator, what is your relationship with him now that your free from the JW's? Your replies will help me understand this forum a little better.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I see myself as agnostic. Part of this is due to the fact that JW's never allowed me to consider other ideas about the creation of the universe. Now that I am in college I am taking science courses ranging from biology to geology and they all seem to have very valid argumants for evolution. Nonetheless it is very hard for me too accept that this life is it. . . I truly hope that there is a merciful God and that maybe we keep on living, but the "evidence" seems to point away from this idea.

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

The JWs caused me to take a serious look at religion. Many of the previous beliefs that I had about religion were shown to be in error by the JWs. After much research and re-evaluation of my beliefs, it didn't take too much to just throw it all out.

I suspect that the percentage of atheist/agnostics amoung XJWs is much higher than other religions. I attribute this to the fact that they have gotten rid of many of the myths that other religions retain. JWs are somewhere between orthodox Christians and an atheists in their beliefs.

pseudo

• logical
    logical

I have abandoned my belief in a cruel, twisted god who hates humanity and only saves those who grovel for it by repeated rituals and by doing evil to others, which is pretty much the way mainstream religion portrays god.

now, I can see that God is loving and forgiving, and is not in a box. And you cannot know him through imperfect men as they have their own agenda and will destroy God's name to get their own desires fulfilled.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hi Logical good to see you again.

Yes!! I dont have a religion I have a relationship.I believe in God -I pray to The Father !The Son !& the Holy Spirit.... I explained ( when I came out of the JWS) that I didnt know what the heck to call Him.

Then I reread the Bible( not all yet) & to ME God says "Listen to my SON" So I read what HE said & to me------ It is to Love UNconditionally....Dont Judge!!be kind to all.

If I feel like going to a building to listen to what the Preacher, Minister, Priest says I am free to do so. I dont do that Too often.

I am 75 & I am STILL searching----After over 20 years in Bondage-It is so wonderful to have ME back!! I had given myself to the WatchTower Hook Line & Sinker.

So far Jesus is the WAY,TRUTH,LIFE for me.(((hugs to all))

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Doing good is my religion.

God has no value to me.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

I still very much believe in a Higher Power. My perceptions of God have changed also to a more loving God. More forgiving and more reasonable.

My faith in religions was destroyed when I left the dubs. I have a sour taste in my mouth for organized religions.

• mamashel
    mamashel

I agrree with scootergirl, jw's left a bad taste in my mouth too. I believe in God and Jesus Christ. Have not found or decided where I want to attend yet. Do most of my studying at home.

mamashel

• LB
    LB

I'm changing all the time on this. Regardless of WT literature there has to be a better explanation of a God that would allow all this suffering to continue. Their answer is pure BS.

So religion in general leaves a horrible taste in my mouth. They are all as judgemental as can be and if a person doesn't see that then they aren't paying attention.

At this late point in my life I see my death as my end.

• LucidSky
    LucidSky

My belief in the God grew deeply even after leaving the JWs. But problems with Christianity continued to plague me. This forum eventually led me to agnosticism although I was already nearing that conclusion. At best I would say like most ex's that I reject organized religion. But I still have an interest in metaphysical stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit